Our client, a reputable group of companies in operation more than 50 years, with business entities across North America, is seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant for a permanent position within their team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. Using continuous improvement ideologies and industry-leading technology, they ensure reliable and sustainable service which has fueled their growth to become a leader in their industry.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations including balancing trial balances, payroll account reconciliations, tracking petty cash and additional reconciliations as required
- Assist in the monthly consolidation process
- Treasury duties including bank reconciliations and daily cash report preparation
- Prepare monthly fuel audits and reports for Executive
- Provide information and analysis to operational groups as needed
- Assist with inquiries on budgeting and forecasting
- Manage various accounting projects and initiatives
- Provide assistance to customers and vendors
- Developing ad-hoc reports as requested
- Special projects and other responsibilities
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance
- CPA designation newly completed or in progress plus 3-4+ years' experience or 5-8+ years progressive experience with an accounting degree
- Excellent communication skills - Verbal and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Proven ability to deal proactively and professionally with internal and external parties
- High level of self-motivation and energy
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Great Plains is considered an asset
- Experience in the transportation industry is considered an asset
Work With Us
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accountant Staffing is Atlantic Canada's only specialist recruitment firm focusing exclusively on the placement of accounting and finance professionals. Organizations use the services of Accountant Staffing to fill a variety of roles from Junior Accountant to Chief Financial Officer. For more information about Accountant Staffing or to view additional positions, please visit our website at www.accountantstaffing.com.