Posted 20 days ago
Competition Number: 23001464
At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands.
The Maintenance Planner will be based out of Toronto, Ontario (1551 Weston Road, M6M 4Y4) and will report to the Maintenance Manager and serve as a technical lead in the development and continuous improvement of the Maintenance process. Key focus areas include safety, equipment reliability, and work plan design and development. The Maintenance Planner will be expected to support the Maintenance Manager by owning the Maintenance Work Process for planning Preventive and Corrective work orders. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct themselves in a professional, respectful, and ethical manner at all times, carry out all job responsibilities in accordance with site safety rules and expectations, actively participate in the innovation and improvement of the site and company, and "find a better way every day . This is a permanent, full-time position.
Are you an energetic individual with a Can-Do Attitude who is passionate about achieving results and driving improvement? At Irving Tissue, our culture inspires creativity, nurtures talent, and creates an inclusive workplace. Our employees can thrive and grow their careers across our diverse operating divisions.
- Certificate of Qualification or Engineering degree/diploma in relevant field
- 5 years working within a manufacturing maintenance department
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes including Lean and Six Sigma
- Experience planning and scheduling maintenance work in JD Edwards is preferred
The main duties/responsibilities of this role include:
- Prioritize and plan all maintenance work on their line/area
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Coordinators, and Production Staff to plan and schedule daily maintenance activities, order parts, schedule contractors work, plan and co-ordinate major line outages and shutdown work
- Together with the Maintenance/Reliability Engineers, maintain the database of complete and correct BOMs, PMs, work instructions and asset histories
- Participate in meetings with the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Coordinator, Asset Managers, and Process Engineers to define and prioritize the backlog to ensure approved corrective work is properly planned and prepared
- Communicate the daily and weekly planned maintenance activities to the teams
- Work cross functionally to assist with the planning, installation, start-up, and performance validation of new equipment as well as maintain existing equipment
- Improve maintenance performance and cost through well planned work
- Work with operators and process technicians to develop, improve, and monitor key processes and procedures
- Assist in the development and refinement of Preventive Maintenance Program including creating and updating model work orders and the PM schedule for assigned equipment
- Works with the Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Coordinator and Maintenance Process Engineer to manage the budget and provide feedback/analysis
- Assist in writing standard work documents, job aids, and maintenance technician training programs
- The job is not sedentary; it involves frequent on-site visits and communicating with diverse elements for the effective planning of work.
What We Offer
Irving Tissue is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & family assistance programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Product purchase program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Tissue and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
To Apply for this Career Opportunity
Concerned you don't meet every requirement? Research has shown that many women only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the hiring criteria. At Irving Tissue, we are focused on creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome, appreciated and encouraged to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are concerned you may not fit the requirements perfectly, we would encourage you to still apply. You might be exactly who we're looking for with this role or others we have available!
Please apply online at https://careers.jdirving.com/ .
For further details, please contact Recruitment at [email protected]
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Tissue is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later