Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia
Posting Number ASP0323 (Quote this number on application documents)
This is an NSGEU Bargaining Unit position.
Start Date: May 15, 2023
End Date: May 17, 2024
CLOSING DATE: Mar 16, 2023
Administrative Support Professional
Halifax Community Centre
Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia (HSNS) provides audiology services to Nova Scotians of all ages, and speech-language pathology services to preschool children and adults. HSNS is funded by the NS Government to deliver integrated and standardized provincial services across 35 clinical sites, located in 25 communities. Nationally certified Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists, with support from Communication Disorder Technicians and Administrative Support Professionals, provide core services (prevention, diagnosis, and treatment), develop and monitor provincial clinical standards, and collaborate with partners to deliver a number of special programs (e.g., Autism, Stroke, Cochlear Implant). Established in 1963, HSNS works to prevent and reduce the impact of communication disorders for Nova Scotians.
Hearing and Speech Nova Scotia is an inclusive employer who supports diversity, equality, and reconciliation. Our goal is to be a workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We welcome people from all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical and mental abilities, family status, and political beliefs and affiliation.
We are proud to offer:
- A nationally accredited program with Accreditation Canada
- A Province-wide support network of professional colleagues, clinical resources, and coordinated clinical services
- Varied caseloads and work settings
- Salaries (full-time) commensurate with experience [starting at $35,920], and excellent benefits package
- Continuing education opportunities
We are accepting applications for a temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) position of Administrative Support Professional. The home base site is Halifax Community Centre. The successful candidate reports to the assigned manager. Schedule to be determined. The Administrative Support Professional is responsible for providing clerical support services within HSNS in accordance with clinical standards and procedures. In addition, they are responsible for assisting and establishing a positive rapport with the general public and medical community.
- Successful completion of a recognized business/secretarial program
- Excellent communication skills, including proficiency in written and spoken English. If English is not your first language further documents will be required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a wide variety of clients (adults and pediatric) and professionals
- Demonstrated good organizational/workload management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with providing services to the general public and medical community
- Flexibility to travel on occasion to attend continuing education, events and/or meetings
- Flexibility in work schedule to provide evening/weekend services
- Candidate will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date
- Candidate will have to demonstrate current immunization and/or boosters at the end of the probationary period
- Working knowledge of Telus MedAccess system
- Minimum of one year experience with reception and general office duties
- Experience scanning and uploading client documents
- Medical terminology education
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to provide bilingual clinical services
Note - All offers of employment will be conditional upon results of a criminal records check/vulnerable sector search and child abuse registry search, all to be satisfactory to the employer. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.