Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Ontario and across Atlantic Canada. Along with a focus on informing and entertaining the markets we serve; we also provide dynamic marketing solutions to local businesses through a combination of radio reach and digital solutions.
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for an Afternoon Drive Announcer to join our team at CKDR in Dryden, Ontario. We're not looking for just another announcer - we're looking for the market's next big thing - as our listeners are engaging, loyal and critically important to us.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Producing and operating the daily Afternoon Drive show from 2:00PM to 6:00PM
- Working collaboratively in creating and producing content for your show
- Bringing your on-air show online through digital content on our website and on social media
- Connecting with the local community through appearances at promotions, remotes, and events
- Lending your voice talent for commercials, imaging and other station duties as needed
Here's what we are looking for:
- Experience in creating and maintaining an engaged social media audience across multiple platforms
- A storyteller who can create locally focused and creative content - and who likes to have fun
- Someone who loves getting out and connecting with the community, and who brings a positive energy, enthusiasm, and great attitude
- Someone willing to learn and grow in the broadcasting industry
- Knowledge and experience of industry software such as Wide Orbit and Music Master would be an asset
- Must have a valid driver's license
What you will receive:
Top notch training with ongoing mentoring to empower your success. As well as access to a compensation and benefits package which includes flexible health and dental coverage options, an annual Health Spending Account (HSA), life insurance coverage, and a company matched retirement savings plan. Championing our employees' health and wellbeing is important to us, so we also offer a Fitness Reimbursement Program, and access for your immediate family in our excellent Employee and Family Assistance Program.
We strive to be the best radio station and employer in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. Now we want to hear from you! If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume and links to your demos.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.