Associate Vice President - Land Development
Reference No. CG-16887
Meridia Recruitment Solutions has exclusively partnered with R.V. Anderson Associates Ltd (RVA). As an employee-owned company, RVA fosters a culture where our people can thrive - and by thrive, we mean a place where you can share your ingenuity, express your difference, and grow in your very own way. Whatever your area, no matter your grade, your unique skills and perspective will help drive change from operations to the C-suite, across a wide of range of projects and channels.
RVA is seeking an experienced professional to lead the Land Development team, in the role of an Associate Vice President. A successful candidate should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with Principals, Managers, and team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. In addition to the leadership abilities, a successful candidate should maintain existing and continue to build a network of clients and would lead and participate in business development initiatives planning, implementation and tracking, for the Urban Development group. All RVA employees experience remote or hybrid work environments, exceptional benefits, growth opportunities and, in senior positions, the opportunity for ownership.
Are you ready to build a future that's uniquely yours? Join the award-winning team and make a difference that defines you.
- Build, manage and lead the Land Development discipline, developing, tracking, and implementing an annual business plan and multi-year strategy for growth.
- Ensures that decisions such as staffing, projects delivery, and business development are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Lead and participate in Business Development initiatives and operational growth for RVA's Land Development with a focus on the GTA and areas where RVA offices are located as well as other locations.
- Liaise with existing and develop future clients, support major pursuits and proposals, and monitor budgets and schedules.
- Manage tasks, team, schedules, budgets, cost control processes and project work procedures. Identify and manage project issues and risks and, if needed, enhance resolution or actions; collaborate with other offices and managers across Canada.
- Technically support the design team and oversee projects / project performance.
- Prepare and/or review planning reports, design reports, technical specifications, and proposals.
- Provide input to the development of engineering budgets and schedules to meet requirements.
- Ensure projects meet the professional needs of RVA and Quality standards and participate in interdisciplinary review of project deliverables.
- Supervise and mentor engineers, designers, and technologists.
- Actively grow the group, recognize and mentor leaders and implement succession planning
- Liaise with client, suppliers, regulatory agencies, utility companies and contractors; represent RVA in professional associations and agencies.
- Administrative duties as allocated including financial and staff management, staff development and mentoring.
- Other related duties as assigned/required and appropriate to this position.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) within the province of Ontario.
- 20 years progressive industry experience in a similar role for Engineering Consulting firm.
- Strong organization leadership skills.
- Practical knowledge of construction sequencing and constructability.
- Experienced in the review of complex construction staging and sequencing, including temporary works and commissioning.
- Experienced in meeting timelines and budgets, proposal writing, client development and other skills appropriate to consulting.
- Proven capabilities in writing reports and other technical documents.
- Demonstrates superior oral and written English communication skills.
- Possess a strong ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Knowledge about the industry trends and best practices.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Accommodations:
At RVA, we are committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. RVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you require any special accommodations, please advise Human Resources. Any information received relating to accommodations will be treated as confidential.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact Cassandra George, Senior Consultant at 647-888-5199 or [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Cassandra know
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.