Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Lunenburg, NS
High Liner Foods is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. With strong relationships with every major supermarket chain, club store and foodservice distributor in Canada and the U.S, High Liner Foods has a broad portfolio of recognized, trusted brands shaped by consumer insights and complemented by an unwavering dedication to providing excellent service and consistently superior customer satisfaction. On behalf of our client, we are currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their team in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
As the Maintenance Manager, you will oversee the facilities and maintenance functions, which will include managing five direct reports and a staff of 35. You will work with your team to reduce downtime due to maintenance as much as possible, driving a culture that values safety and uptime. As the leader of the department, it will be your duty to lead and manage change to ensure new innovations and initiatives are introduced successfully. You will support the use and improvement of the CMMS to provide useful tools and information to your team and other stakeholders. Additionally, you will manage costs within the department, which includes making decisions regarding contract work such as snow plowing or building repair.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for all aspects of the maintenance and repair of all production equipment, utilities, buildings and grounds in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible
- Leading the effort in the maintenance department to identify potential cost savings through process improvements and methods of reducing energy consumption
- Leading the continuous improvement and Preventative Maintenance effort in the maintenance department while demonstrating commitment to the Company's vision and values
- Delivering cost effective repair & maintenance services to all internal and external customers through a staff of salary and hourly personnel
- Operating the Facility and Utilities in collaboration with plant management, in such a way as to provide reliable Fuel, Power, Water, Compressed Air, Refrigeration, HVAC, and Sewer services for all departments
- Providing insight and expertise in developing and implementing the Capital Plan
- Reviewing equipment and systems, identifying bottlenecks & solutions and opportunities for equipment innovation, new installations, or modifications
- Utilizing Computerized Maintenance Management System (MainSaver) to maintain proper Preventive Maintenance on equipment, accurate equipment maintenance histories (cost and task), improved planning & scheduling functions, and improved inventory control; all leading to improved equipment reliability
- Assisting in compliance activities for all regulatory agencies governing safety and environmental issues
- Working closely with the Company's property and risk insurers to maximize protection while minimizing risk exposure
With experience leading maintenance operations in a manufacturing environment (ideally food), you are able to manage a multidisciplinary group of professionals in a dynamic facility. You can lead meetings, facilitate change, communicate your expectations, listen to the needs of your team, and collaborate across departments and locations effectively. Your technical skills are solid, and you have experience using CMMS software, preferably Mainsaver. Experience in a unionized environment would be considered a strong asset.
Your qualifications include:
- 10+ years experience managing in a maintenance and engineering related capacity; preferably in the food processing industry
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred, or a related discipline
- Strong leadership skills, ability to rationalize challenges, identify solutions while engaging the broader team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, ability to address short- and long-term issues in a planful manner
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating transparency in actions and decision-making
- Subject Matter expert in Best Maintenance Practices for food processing equipment and facilities
- Knowledge of related Engineering principals, including but not limited to: Fluid Power (Hydraulics), Industrial Electric Power, Electronics & Controls, HVAC, Refrigeration Theory & System Operation, Building Construction & Design, and Plant Layout & Workflow
- Experienced in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Knowledgeable in Food safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledgeable of OH&S and Environmental regulations
This is an excellent opportunity with a well-established, reputable, and growing organization, where you will be able to facilitate changes that make a real difference in the company. High Liner is committed to reinvesting in its facilities and has a strong productivity culture, with an emphasis on preventative and predictive maintenance, allowing them to maintain low levels of downtime. The facility is well-established in the community, and High Liner is committed to giving back through charitable engagements and by being a leader in product sustainability. As the Maintenance Manager, you will play a very important and impactful role in the production of products that are purchased and loved by consumers across North America.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information contact Katherine Risley, Partner, at 902-424-1120 and [email protected] or Emma Roberts, Sr. Recruitment Specialist at 902-424-1104 and [email protected], or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Katherine or Emma know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.