Power Engineer - Full-time position
The Power Engineer is responsible for a wide range of duties including but not limited to the proper operation and functioning of the organization's boilers, refrigeration, and related equipment.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a 4th Class Power Engineer Certificate
- Ammonia refrigeration experience will a definite asset
- Communicate effectively and accurately, both verbally and in writing
- Take directions and follow instructions accurately
Key Responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day operation and maintenance of plant and equipment
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained
- Troubleshoot issues and conduct preventative maintenance
- Respond to emergency situations, providing timely and appropriate resolution.
- Inform necessary authority of malfunctions requiring major repair
- Work in a safe manner ensuring adherence to safe operating procedures, relevant to health and safety legislation and other governing codes and regulations.
- Always utilize proper personal protective equipment.
- Other shift-related duties as assigned.
In addition to being a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual, the successful candidate must be able to work in a manufacturing environment which includes but is not limited to, noise, changing temperatures, standing, walking, bending, stooping, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment constantly throughout the shift, able to lift or move up to 60 pounds, and available for shifts on weekends and holidays as required, as well as being able to do a rotation shift schedule of 12 hours.
Starting wage is $23 per hour pending qualifications and experience,
To apply, submit your résumé to [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for Interviews will be contacted.