Location: Health Sciences Centre
Nuclear Medicine Technologist IIA REPOST
Medical Imaging - Nuclear and Molecular Medicine
70 bi-weekly (8 hour shift work; days, nights, evenings, weekends, rotating, on-call and stand by required)
LX 29, ($32.43 - $41.14) plus signing bonus of up to $10,000 and relocation assistance may be available for a return in service. For more information on incentives please visit Bursaries & Incentives for Healthcare Professionals or email [email protected]
March 3, 2023
Open Until Filled
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist IIA is responsible for performing standardized and complex diagnostic and therapeutic Nuclear Medicine procedures. This includes preparing, measuring, dispensing, and administering radiopharmaceuticals and radioisotopes for diagnostic and therapeutic use, assessing patients for exams and explaining procedures and tests, and performing quality control testing on all equipment. The Technologist also participates in research, is involved in quality control and radiation safety techniques and performs other related duties as required.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Regularly lifts, moves, repositions, pushes, or pulls objects (i.e. supplies, equipment, cameras, lead vests, and patients), less than 10 lbs., between 10-50 lbs., and over 50 lbs.
- Regularly stands or walks when performing procedures or scanning patients. Occasionally, works in awkward or cramped positions where maintaining balance is required while operating heavy machinery or equipment to perform scans.
- Scanning patients requires controlled movements while physically handling cameras. Occasionally will sit to review images and use fine finger/precision movements to work on the computer, walk, and bend to give injections using fine motor skills.
- Visual concentration is required when reading physicians' orders, positioning patients, drawing up radiation into syringes, calculating and measuring dosages, inserting venipuncture and intravenous (IV) lines, giving injections, examining detailed computer images, computer processing, and monitoring patients during procedures.
- Graduation from a recognized (accredited) program in Nuclear Medicine Technology is required.
- Current registration and member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) in Nuclear Medicine is required.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
Employees, to review your attendance record please refer to your employee portal on the Intranet for details. The attendance record is only available to employees who are currently in positions that accumulate sick time.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
Upon successfully applying for a vacancy then you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email please contact Recruitment 777-7777 ext 5-2 immediately
To become a part of our team, please submit an up to date resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: [email protected] Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.
If you are no longer interested in the position, you can withdraw your application by emailing [email protected] as soon as possible.
Eastern Health is committed to inclusive and barrier-free recruitment, selection, and onboarding processes. We will be happy to work with applicants requesting support during the process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Recruitment Line at 777-7777 press 5 then press 2 (long distance 1-800-563-3693) outlining how we can help.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local Police (Vulnerable Sector Check may be required), educational documents, registration/licensure if applicable and Social Insurance Number.