Why this role?
We are seeking a highly attentive professional who is detail oriented and is a master of managing concurrent priorities to join our growing Business Litigation team. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and values a rewarding career contributing to the success of one of the firm's busiest practice areas.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Generous paid time off;
- Excellent benefits (some fully paid by firm, some cost-shared);
- RRSP matching program;
- Health and Wellness focus, including a wellness allowance; and,
- Flexible work-life integration.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As a litigation legal assistant in our business law team, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Reviewing and prioritizing incoming and outgoing mail/couriers, coordinating faxes, and scanning/copying documents;
- Drafting routine correspondence for lawyer review;
- Transcribing dictations using appropriate format, producing documents, correspondence, and all follow-up work as directed;
- Answering client inquiries, taking care of drop in clients/cold calls, and communicating with key parties in a timely manner;
- Booking client meetings, etc., and maintaining lawyer schedule and agenda;
- Conducting client intake, completing conflict searches, and opening new client files;
- Maintaining up-to date and accurate electronic and paper client files with the use of a document management system;
- Processing large volumes of documents with ability to use technology to store and organize files diligently; and,
- Assist other Business Litigation team members as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Previous experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant completing various aspects of litigation work required;
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel with the ability to learn new software quickly;
- Superior typing and dicta-transcription skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service including patience, empathy and understanding;
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, coupled with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent proofreading skills (ability to type check material for grammatical, typographical, spelling, diction, and formatting errors);
- Ability to work both independently and as a team; and,
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities.
We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE (and they have for over 50 years!).