MANAGER, SUPPLY CHAIN
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada's National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20 modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we're making history - why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Manager, Supply Chain.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact [email protected] .
- Academically qualified with a recognized bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar senior supply chain role in Aerospace, Shipbuilding/ Shipping/Shipyard, Automotive, Construction, Heavy Manufacturing or the Defence industry
- Proven experience leading, mentoring, and coaching a high performing team
- Experience working with long term multi-million-dollar contracts involving complex risk management
- Good analysis and presentation abilities, including Microsoft Excel, Power point and Word
- Professional expertise and leadership, with strong attention to detail
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Communication and organization skills
- Ability to be tactical and strategic and to prioritize tasks accordingly
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Liaise daily with shipyard counterparts to understand the build program's priorities
- Work with counterparts across the supply chain organization to status, prioritize, and expedite material and services necessary to meet cost targets and schedule milestones
- Oversee the supply chain team responsible for the ship warranty program ensuring the warranty team is receiving the supply chain support required
- Support your team with contract generation, negotiation, execution, and maintenance
- Develop a contracting and relationship strategy with subcontractors including solicitation documentation
- Negotiation of pricing and terms including flow down of customer requirements and deliverables, with appropriate risk sharing
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and agreed program schedules
- Monitor KPIs
- Build and maintain a high performing relationship at all levels between Irving and the sub-contractors
- Continually seek and implement improvement opportunities within the scope of the subcontractor relationships
- Compliance with all applicable legislation including health and safety
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
- Relocation costs (if applicable)
Please be advised that some positions within our business have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process.
For further details, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected] .
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.