Parts for Trucks has been an industry leader providing parts and service to the heavy-duty trucking industry for over 100 years. Operating 32 sales / warehouse outlets and 15 service facilities from coast to coast, Parts for Trucks offers a complete range of products and services for all makes of trucks and trailers.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior System Administrator in our Dartmouth Head Office. This is a full-time permanent position and a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in a growing company.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our Cloud and On-Premises Compute and Storage Infrastructure. This position will have a key focus on designing and implementing our expanding cloud environments and solutions.
- Manage our Azure Cloud Infrastructure and our legacy On-Premises VMware environments.
- Play a leading role in designing our Cloud Infrastructure strategy.
- Work with other members of our IT team to develop and build on secure infrastructure best practices.
- Manage our Active Directory and Azure AD environment.
- Responsible for identity Management and access control
- Manage Microsoft 365 services including Email, Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- Responsible for Veeam backup and recovery and expand our disaster recovery plan.
- Manage Windows and Linux Servers and an RDS Farm deployment.
- Maintain a high level of availability for our key systems and operations.
- Document Cloud and Infrastructure changes.
- Provide level 2/3 support to assist our helpdesk in resolving endpoint issues.
- Perform maintenance and systems upgrades.
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in IT, Computer Science, or other relevant education.
- 5-7 years' experience as a system administrator working in a mid to large systems infrastructure.
- Proven experience managing an Azure compute & storage environment.
- Experience implementing Azure networking.
- Experience with Identity and Access Management on Microsoft Azure/365.
- Experience with managing VMware hosts and storage.
- Proven Microsoft 365 administration experience.
- Experience with MDM solutions such as Microsoft Intune.
- Solid understanding of IT Security, Network, and authentication concepts.
- Microsoft, VMware, and Cloud Certifications are considered assets.
Work With Us
We offer a competitive compensation package, including group benefits, retirement savings plan, employee assistance program, and stable employment. Wages will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.