Atlantic Cancer Research Institute
Position: Platform Technician - Next Generation Sequencing
Reports To: Platform Manager
Hours: 37.5 Hours per Week
The Atlantic Cancer Research Institute (ACRI) is a private, non-profit medical research organization located in Moncton, New Brunswick. ACRI contributes to finding solutions for cancer through innovative and interdisciplinary research, transferring innovation to patient care and the training of future researchers.
The Atlantic Cancer Research Institute (ACRI) is seeking a molecular biology or biochemistry specialist to fill the role of Platform Technician for ACRI's Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Core Facility.
ACRI is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
The responsibilities include:
- Perform NGS library preparation and sequencing workflows;
- Support the design, development and validation of new standard operating protocols (SOPs);
- Operate and maintain highly specialized sequencing, and related, equipment;
- Perform duties in compliance with established operational policies, procedures and protocols;
- Read pertinent literature to assist in identifying research objectives, strategies and methods;
- Ensure fulfillment of rules and regulations regarding workplace ethics, health and safety;
- Keep a record of laboratory activities through LIMS systems; documenting protocols and communicating results;
- Participate in laboratory meetings and discussions;
- Continuous interaction and collaboration with Platform staff for operational success.
- A B.Sc. or an M.Sc. in Biochemistry genetics and/ or Molecular Biology;
- Experience in PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction and other related molecular biology techniques;
- Experience with Illumina sequencing platforms and Next Generation Sequencing is an asset;
- Excellent organization and time management skills in a collaborative team environment;
- Work with a high degree of independence and rigour, and effective multi-tasking skills;
- Some knowledge in Linux, Bash scripting, R statistics and other coding languages will be an asset;
- An ability to communicate in both English and French would be considered an asset;
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Before confirming an employment commitment, ACRI requires that the chosen person confirm by means of an official document that he or she has received required vaccines (COVID and others), or presents documentation to support a valid medical exemption.
For Interested Applicants, please apply here: [email protected]