Are you looking to work in an organization that provides meaningful support and care to Nova Scotians every day? An organization that is about being there for all Nova Scotians when they need it most? An organization recognized throughout the province by its dedicated paramedics, medical communications officers and support team ready to come to your aid? Then this is your opportunity to be part of that team that works together for all Nova Scotians' health and safety!
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) division and the Department of Health and Wellness. As well, EMC operates TeleHealth 811 Mental Health and Addictions for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians each and every day. We achieve this through the more than 1,400 employees who work with us including highly-trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers and support staff.
As an employee of EMC we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety related initiatives, as well as acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a healthy, safe and respectful workplace.
Reporting to, and under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources and the Manager of Human Resources, the incumbent is responsible for providing recruitment support and administrative services for the department(s).
This position is essential to assist the efficient and effective management of the Department to ensure inquiries and general administrative issues are dealt within a timely and appropriate manner. As an employee of EMC we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety related initiatives, as well as acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a safe workplace.
Assists the Recruitment Consultant as follows:
· Oversees the Hiring Authorization Form process, ensuring appropriate approvals
· Coordinates recruitment activities such as pre-screen preparation,
· Generates and prepares new hire packages;
· Updates internal and external websites with dates and information for upcoming pre-screen for Paramedics and Communications Officers;
· Coordinates and tracks candidate pre-screen information;
· Coordinates the submission and collection of IT forms for candidates; and
Paramedic Pre-Screen and New Employee Orientation support
- Update external and internal websites with dates and information on upcoming pre- screen for Paramedics and Medical Communications Officers.
- Monitor and enter candidate information in pre-screen database document.
- Follow up with candidates missing documents.
- Schedule interviews.
- Draft job offers, conduct reference checks, notify unsuccessful candidates and track IT and uniform information.
- Ensure IT Authorization forms are prepared and distributed during interviews and return to IT for processing.
- Manage all logistics for Human Resources interviews, consensus sessions and new employee orientation, including invitations to all affected parties.
- Schedule all candidates for prescreening stages and inform candidates of their schedule.
- Sign off and distribute all casual letters of offer.
- Send out new hire orientation packages.
General HR Administrator Duties:
· Key data, run various reports and queries in Workday. Proficiency of Workday reporting on a daily basis.
· Type's correspondence, memos, confidential reports, agendas, minutes and presentations from written draft.
· Proofreads transcribed correspondence for grammatical accuracy, sentence structure and content.
· Organizes and coordinates meeting bookings, travel arrangements, meeting facilities, video conferencing and Cisco IP Phone teleconferencing.
· Attends and participates as directed for submission of required CAAS Human Resources project plans.
· Tracks and coordinates all monthly reporting deliverables including but not limited to the monthly Director's report submission and EHS contract reports.
· Prepares and reconciles Director's monthly visa statements and/or invoices for processing.
· Invoices for catering, facilities re bargaining, workshops, outsourced printing.
· Maintains Human Resources Employee filing system and keeps an accurate record of correspondence and reports.
· Completes special assignment assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
· Maintains, tracks and records training and educstion for non-union employees.
· Updates all EMC organizational org charts and create and maintain Human Resources files.
· Monitors file retention guidelines and process for Human Resources employee files.
· Coordinates logistics of internal workshops as assigned.
· Supports the HR Advisor in coordinating Employee Recognition provincially.
· Assists in annual compensation process.
· Assist with Employee Recognition/Staff Events.
Education & Experience:
· Minimum one-year business college course.
· Five to seven years related administrative experience. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
· Previous experience working in human resources preferred.
· Requires extensive knowledge of the policies, structure and functions of internal administrative systems and practices applicable to private industry.
Knowledge & Skills:
· Superior diplomacy in professionalism and confidentiality required.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including effective listening skills.
· Self starter that can work independently, but also be a strong team player.
· Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
· Knowledge of Human Capital System Workday as asset.
· Knowledge of medical terminology an asset.
· Demonstrates effective listening skills and the ability to follow instructions.
· Exercises good judgment and decision making skills.
· Demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills to adequately prioritize workload.
· Able to work well under pressure, often under strict time deadlines.
The employee will spend various periods of sitting, standing, walking, crouching, lifting, and/ or carrying light objects. Required to maintain one position for possible long periods of time, such as sitting at meetings, or at a desk setting. Employee will be reading data or inputting data, report writing, operating a word processor, computer, calculator, and talking on the telephone. Use and exposure to general office equipment such as fax, photocopier, printer, and personal computer. Exposure to low to moderate noise levels.
Work With Us
- 100% Employer paid Health, Vision and Dental
- Health Spending Account
- Matching Pension Plan
- Fitness benefit
- Paid vacation and holiday's, as well we offer a vacation purchase plan for additional time off
- Personal Days
- Free parking
- Employee Discounts offering great discounts at various businesses
- Located on a bus route
- Much much more!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
Emergency Medical Care falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions), will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
If you are interested in this positon and would like to be a part of a high performing organization, please submit your cover letter and resume. Posting will stay open until position is filled.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.