Why this role?
We are seeking a highly attentive professional who is detail oriented and is a master of managing concurrent priorities. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and values a rewarding career contributing to the success of our Business Law team.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent benefits (some fully paid by firm, some cost-shared)
- RRSP matching program
- Health and Wellness focus, including a wellness allowance
- Flexible work-life integration
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As a Paralegal in our Corporate Services Team, your primary responsibility will be conducting due diligence searches for corporate and commercial property files, including PPSA registrations, amendments, renewals, and discharges.
Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Annual registrations, resolutions, and dividend resolutions;
- Coordination of revisions and modifications to corporate precedents;
- Maintenance of minute books and corporate seals, including updating inventory and re-shelving;
- Incorporations and registrations of business names, NUANS, and name approvals;
- Post-closing updating and paper filings for transactions including amalgamations, reorganizations, and acquisitions and sales;
- Preparing final reports;
- Provincial and extra-provincial registrations; and,
- Updating corporate records.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Graduate of a Paralegal diploma program or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- Proficient in thinking critically and solving problems;
- Proven ability to manage time and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment;
- Ability to be self-motivated and autonomous;
- Excellent team player who contributes positively to the team culture;
- Adept at using technology such as Outlook and the full Microsoft Office suite, and a talent for learning new computer programs quickly; and,
- Knowledge of Property Online and Planet NB considered an asset.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities.
We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE (and they have for over 50 years!).