With a solid history dating back to 1958, PreCon Precast Limited is known as a leading provider of architectural and structural precast concrete solutions with locations in Brampton and Woodstock. Across Ontario, you will find PreCon precast products and systems used in a variety of construction segments. We pride ourselves in being leaders in precast concrete innovation; building more energy efficient, sustainable and safe structures.
In partnership with the estimating team and in collaboration with various engineering departments, this position is responsible for gathering and evaluating proposals, shop drawings, specifications, and related documents to prepare estimates. The Estimator computes costs by analyzing labor, materials, equipment, subcontracted work as well as timeline requirements. As the Estimator, the ideal candidate must be able to read architectural, structural, precast shop drawings, specifications, navigate software, be detailed, and focused on the task at hand while managing priorities and deadlines. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established procedures must be followed closely. The position is located at the Brampton Office and supports operations in both Brampton and Woodstock.
- Review bid documents (specifications, drawings, addendums, bid alternates, delivery dates if noted and bid closing date)
- Prepare bid submission documents (quotation letter, various bid forms, pricing for bid alternates, schedules)
- Efficiently coordinate sending/receiving of estimating documents to sub-contractors and vendors
- Accurately prepare material take-offs and estimates in a timely manner, meeting all bid deadlines
- Utilize software to manage data and facilitate effective retrieval of information when required
- Review and assess proposed estimates, and submission documents with sales and management
- Assist in achieving departmental goals within targeted budgets by meeting deadlines for project completion
- Effectively communicate with other departments and the plants, and focuses on solutions that optimize production and efficiency
- Represent the department and company in a professional, positive manner when liaising with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree or college diploma within civil engineering / engineering technology, or similar
- Previous experience in the construction industry
- Exposure to the precast concrete industry would be a strong asset
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Technologically inclined; experience with software, data and reporting would be an asset
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, customer-focused environment
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, PreCon offers a comprehensive compensation package including health and dental coverage, life insurance, RRSP and tax-free savings account options. Additionally, we offer educational scholarships to dependents of employees, health & wellness programming and teambuilding events.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.