Why this role?
We are seeking a highly attentive professional who is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and values a rewarding career contributing to the success of our Personal Injury team.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As a Legal Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting legal research and investigation of complaints, claims, and lawsuits;
- Completing document analysis;
- Assisting with mediations, discoveries and court hearings;
- Tracking and maintaining a repository of legal resources and processes;
- Updating case summaries, tracking important court dates and deadlines, processing referrals;
- Communicating directly with clients;
- Conducting thorough legal and factual research on various topics; and,
- Completing case review for legal issues.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Graduate of a Paralegal diploma program or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Minimum 3 years of legal experience;
- Law degree is an asset but not required;
- Prior paralegal or relevant in-house legal support experience;
- Flexible and motivated to take ownership of projects and demonstrate follow-through;
- Exceptional proofreading skills with ability to notice and fix grammatical, typographical, spelling, diction, and formatting errors;
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving, and making sound judgement calls;
- Proven ability to manage time and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment;
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and follow instructions with minimal supervision;
- Excellent team player who contributes positively to the team culture; and,
- Adept at using technology such as Outlook and the full Microsoft Office suite, and a talent for learning new computer programs quickly.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities.
We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE (and they have for over 50 years!).