Assistant Farm Manager
Island Holdings Ltd. (a Division of Cavendish Farms) To be based at our farm in New Annan, PE
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have two state-of-the-art potato processing plants in PEI, another in Jamestown, ND and Lethbridge, Alberta and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, ON. Our Head office is in Dieppe, NB and sales office locations are in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the full-time Assistant Farm Manager will be a safety conscious, energetic self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement in a fast paced, dynamic work environment. The Assistant Farm Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the farm operation and farm staff.
Salary- $65,000- $75,000
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the farm operation and farm staff
- Ensure that safe practices are implemented and applied on a daily basis
- Lead by example to ensure quality, housekeeping, and sanitation are maintained to the site and Irving standard.
- Monitor and manage potato storage activities and inventory
- Assist the farm manager in the development of the annual operating budget and determining the appropriate capital investments/opportunities
- Make recommendations on continuous improvement efforts based on agricultural and industry best practices and technologies
- Provide regular feedback to the farm staff on daily and seasonal progress
- Monitor all crops on a regular basis to identify insect, weed and disease risks and coordinate crop protection activities accordingly
- Measure and maintain detailed records of farm and crop performance
- Represent the company in a professional, positive and pleasant manner
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in agriculture or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated multitasking skills
- Experience with potato production is considered an asset
- Willingness and ability to work extended and flexible hours, including weekends
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software considered an asset
Cavendish Farms is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible health, drug, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Health & wellness reimbursements, includes gym memberships, fitness classes or online workout programs
- Maternity leave top-up program (if applicable)
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development as well as 24/7 access to online curated learning
- Growth and progression opportunities within Cavendish Farms and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies
Apply for this Career Opportunity by:
- Submitting your application online
- Bring your resume to 281 Old Station Road, New Annan, PEI.
- Sending your resume to [email protected] referring job number 23000837
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.