Safely operate residential / recycling collection truck, side-load and/or rear-load truck and ancillary equipment on assigned routes to service customers while providing excellent customer service. Deliver collected solid waste, yard waste or recyclables to landfill, MRF or transfer station.
- Satisfy customer needs for service. Ensure that service is completed in accordance with established policies
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections and log book completion
- Complete an assigned daily route in a timely and safe manner as directed by the Operations Manager or his/her designate
- Perform driver check-ins at days end to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion
- Ensure that all protocols are followed while dumping loads at municipal facilities
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager or his/her designate
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
- Customer service focused
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - Class 3 with air endorsement (newly licensed drivers welcome to apply)
- Clean driver's abstract
- 1-2 years of Class 3 driving experience
- Heavy lifting required on a repetitive basis and standing, picking up bags all day long
- Driving from the right hand side operating the ASL arm dumping carts
- Able to read/understand maps and directions
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries is recommended
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.