Why This Role?
We are seeking a highly attentive, organized, and motivated individual to join our Accounting team. Our ideal candidate has a love for numbers, values strong attention to detail, and contributes positively to the overall team culture.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent benefits (some fully paid by firm, some cost-shared)
- RRSP matching program
- Health and Wellness focus, including a wellness allowance
- Flexible work-life integration
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As an Accounting Clerk, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Run pre-bills, complete pre-defined allocations, and create invoices.
- Upload to the electronic system for specific clients.
- Follow-up on billing inquiries.
- Bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Enter and transmit payroll data.
- Reconcile statutory deduction notice with payroll records, by month-end.
- Remit Charity payments by 15th of the following month.
- Balance T4's/T4 Summary and distribute by Jan 31st following year-end.
- Filing and electronic organization of payroll records.
Firm Credit Card Payments
- Weekly reconciliation and payment.
- Follow-up on missing receipts.
Daily and Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Assist with all Accounting functions, as needed.
- Assist Director of Finance with reports/queries/required information.
- Firm billings.
- Cheques and deposits.
- Monthly Marketing report.
- Monthly calculation of Counsel Payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Diploma or Degree in Business with a focus in Accounting;
- 3-5 years' experience in an Accounting role or an equivalent combination of experience and training;
- Exceptional attention to detail even during periods of high work volume;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple competing deadlines;
- Critical thinking coupled with professional judgment and problem-solving skills;
- A motivated self-starter that can work well autonomously as well as be a positive team player;
- Excellent client service skills;
- Outstanding computer skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel with the ability to learn new software quickly; and,
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required for operational deadlines.
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities.
We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE (and they have for over 50 years!).