Established in 1963, Strescon Limited has grown to become the largest precast pre-stressed concrete manufacturer in Eastern Canada. The primary market covers the Atlantic Provinces, the New England region of the United States, and Bermuda. Strescon manufactures a wide range of both architectural and structural precast/prestressed concrete products; including, bridge girders, wall panels, complete parking garages, hollow-core planking, piling and deck slabs. Strescon presently has two facilities: 70,000 sq.ft. in Saint John, New Brunswick and 50,000 sq.ft. In Bedford, Nova Scotia.
In addition to our precast facilities, Strescon opened a state of the art, 32,000 sq. ft. pipe plantin 2001, manufacturing concrete products for engineered drainage systems, such as pipe, manholes and catchbasins.
- Work with your crew setting up the forms for specific jobs
- Raking and finishing different types of concrete may be required
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, and other embeds in freshly poured concrete
- Remove product from forms, clean and work area, reset up forms for the day
- Assist in loading product to storage yard maybe required- Setting up dunnage, rigging lifting hooks, etc.
- Complete additional tasks that may be assigned as needed
- Must have own transportation, no public transportation available
- Ability to speak and comprehend basic English
- Knowledge of basic tools and their uses
- Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, division, & multiplication
- Knowledge of basic measurements and how to read a tape measure
- Willing to follow the company safety and quality program
- Good attendance and a positive attitude
- Must be a team player, self-motivated, and able to work efficiently and safely in a fast-paced environment
As a member of the OSCO Construction Group, Strescon Limited offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including health and dental coverage, life insurance and RRSP options. Additionally, we offer health and wellness programming, years of service rewards and employee sport team sponsorships. Hourly wage for this position starts at $19.13.
The origins of the OSCO Construction Group go back to 1955 when Ocean Steel & Construction Ltd. was founded in Saint John, New Brunswick. Since that time, the OSCO Construction Group has grown to encompass four main operating sectors: Steel, Concrete, Construction and Corporate. Within these sectors lie an ever-expanding number of construction-related companies and divisions, serving a growing market area and employing over twelve hundred employees.