Req ID: 226634
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a JAVA Mid Level Developer to join our team in Halifax, Nova Scotia (CA-NS), Canada (CA).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Interpret written business requirements, functional requirements and technical specification documents to design and develop technical solutions that meet business needs
- Perform system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting that meets the stated project objectives
- Identify and communicate technical risks, issues, and changes
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Contribute to design review meetings with other members of Application Development
- Perform complex defect verification, debugging, testing and support
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates that meet SDLC standards
- Create the software's architecture and/or employ rapid application development tools
- Drives analysis of problems to understand root cause and provide and implement recommended solutions
- Solid understanding of object-oriented design principles
- 4+ years experience in Distributed source control systems such as Git
- Gradle or similar build automation tools
- 4+ years experience in jUnit and mocking frameworks like mockito
- 3+ years experience in Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, and/or other software containerization
- Hands-on experience in Agile SCRUM delivery with preference to SAFe methodologies
- Hands-on experience with Microservices
- 3+ years Experience with DevOps tools: Gradle, Jenkins, SonarQube, Junit, Splunk, Openshift Cloud Platform
- Working experience with BDD using Cucumber and gherkin
- Knowledge on Public cloud services
- Hands on experience with 'No SQL' like Mongo etc
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.