Posted 3 days ago
Competition Number: 23000448
Director of Human Resources for Irving Business Services
Irving Business Services provides professional services to the J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) group of Companies. The Human Resources Team for Irving Business Services supports Finance, Supply Chain, Corporate Human Resources, Health Services, Project Engineering, Communications, and Irving Air Services Functions.
Based in our Head Office in Saint John, NB the Director of Human Resources is responsible to coach and mentor a small team of HR professionals. As the Director for Irving Business Services (IBS), you provide strategic input, leadership, and oversight on all human resource aspects for IBS including:
- Workforce planning
- Recruitment and retention
- Training and development
- Compensation and benefits
- Employee engagement
As part of the larger JDI Senior HR leadership team, you will have the opportunity to engage and influence the strategic direction of the Human Resources function across the wider organization.
- As a member of the Leadership Team for all IBS Functions, you will collaborate with the Vice President and Function Leaders to establish and execute the function's people strategy.
You will lead and develop the capabilities of the IBS HR team to ensure that they:
- develop and execute recruitment and talent acquisition strategies.
- manage employee relations, execute all people initiatives, deliver key metrics, and manage risks.
- drive improvement in engagement results and the overall employee experience.
- facilitate compensation review, recommending adjustments and/or changes to compensation and strategy.
- deliver effective talent management by supporting management, as they seek learning and development opportunities.
Working with the Corporate Vice President of Human Resources and the Functional Vice Presidents you will drive improvement in creating a robust pipeline of talent for leadership succession across the functions. Specifically, you will:
- advance the consistency and maturity of talent identification and review processes in the functions.
- consult with VPs to identify actions and solutions that address functional needs to improve the quality and depth of talent.
- coach members of the functional leadership teams to improve their skills in the identification and development of talent.
- Education Required: Relevant undergraduate degree, MBA and/or professional CPHR designation or equivalent.
- 10 years of HR experience
- People Leadership experience
- Depth of knowledge in a wide variety of HR competency areas including recruitment
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and achieve required objectives
- Demonstrated effective organizational, problem-solving, planning, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated use of sound judgment and reliable decision making
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation and business acumen
- Bilingual (French & English) an asset
What We Offer:
- Flexible Benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Hybrid Work Opportunity
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance
- Onsite fitness facility, café, and parking garage
We appreciate your interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later