Posted 17 days ago
Competition Number: 23000450
J. D. Irving, Limited (JDI) is one of Canada's leading privately-held companies, with diverse operations across multiple industries and more than 18,000 employees.
JDI is seeking a Corporate Counsel to join its law department at its headquarters in Dieppe, New Brunswick. Reporting to the Vice President and General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will advise our businesses on a broad range of business matters including contracts, financings, employment and real estate.
At JDI you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse group of companies.
- Law degree and admission or eligibility to be admitted to the New Brunswick bar
- 3 to 5 years of progressive related experience practicing business law at a large law firm or major corporation
- Strong negotiation skills and sound business judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in one or more of the following areas will be considered an advantage: consumer packaged goods, food, transportation, financings, real estate, employment, intellectual property, advertising
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts relating to the business, including customer contracts, supply contracts, and transportation agreements
- Advise on all legal matters relating to the business and their implications on business decisions
- Advise on contract terms and conditions, including resolving complex contractual and business issues
- Act on a broad range of business transactions
- Work on multiple projects at any given point in time
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online
We appreciate your interest in our company; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later