Title: Social Worker - Intake & Investigations
Status of employment:Permanent
Reports to: Casework Supervisor
Office Location:Eskasoni, NS
As a Social Worker, you are responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of children in the care of the Agency and those who remain in the care of their parents where concerns exist about their health and safety.
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Social Worker is responsible under the Children & Family Services Act for:
- Carrying out Investigations of child protection concerns
- Providing protection services to children and families to ensure the safety and well-being of children
- Participating in Family Group Conferencing to seek family and community-based solutions
- Engaging in the planning, development, and monitoring of case plans
- Counselling individuals and families
- Participating in risk assessments, court testimonies, and clinical evaluations
- Supervising and providing services to children in the care of the Agency.
- Maintaining records on the case management system; and
- Responsible for after-hours duty on a rotational basis
- Must be able to travel extensively
- A completed Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia College of Social Workers (NSCSW)
- Demonstrated skills in investigation and therapeutic intervention with children and families
- Knowledge of the Children and Family Service Act is a definite asset
- Knowledge of, child development, family dynamics and functioning, child abuse and neglect, and trauma-informed care.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse individuals in an inclusive manner
- A valid driver's license, and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a willingness to work in an environment where Mi'kmaw is the first language
- Experience working in Mi'kmaw communities considered an asset
Classification Range : PR 9(1) - PR 15(6)
Salary range : $ 54,598.96 - $84,516.64
What We Offer
Based on the employment status, we offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- A comprehensive health and dental benefits package as well as a defined contribution pension plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Three (3) weeks' vacation to start
- Paid time off for Christmas office closure
- Reimbursement for registration fees to the Nova Scotia College of Social Workers
- General Illness (Short and Long Term)
Successful candidates may be eligible for our comprehensive health and dental benefits package as well as a defined contribution pension plan.
A resume with a cover letter should be submitted directly to:
Jolly Stevens, Human Resource Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Interviews may take place during the posting period.
Deadline for Applications: Friday, February 3rd,2023
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be based on, competence, performance, and Agency need.
Qualified Aboriginal applicants will be given priority in accordance with the Aboriginal Employment Preferences Policy of the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Non-Canadian applicants must be able to provide proof of current entitlement of eligibility to work in Canada.