650 Portland St, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B2W 6A3
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we're innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we're caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it's a great place to work. We're committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Front Store Manager in Training:
As a Front Store Manager in Training, you may be assigned to a different store/location.
Your 16 weeks of training will focus on developing your skillset and preparing you for this exciting leadership role.
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be assigned to a home store.
As a newly trained Front Store Manager your responsibilities will include the following
The Front Store Manager (FSM) is responsible for managing the overall Front Store's performance. The Front Store includes all areas of the store, including cosmetics, excluding Pharmacy. The Front Store Manager leads staff in providing excellent Front Store customer service, manages all process and procedures utilizing financial resources and ensures store objectives are achieved. Through training of employees, regular follow up and feedback, and leading by example. The Front Store Manager is expected to embrace all Shoppers Drug Mart Policies, procedures and standards. The Front Store Manager is responsible for achieving store objectives and targets, and is required to deal with and solve any and all problems that may arise.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains Store Standards to optimize customer experience, drive customer traffic, and positively impact store profitability
- Works with Management Team to ensure Store Standards are in effect 100% of the time, including the backroom
- Follows direction outlined on In-Store Web
- Ensures products are in stock at all times, through proactive inventory planning, and utilization of best practices and established processes
- Conducts daily store walk with the Assistant Front Store Manager or designate and provides direction when necessary
- Manages labour scheduling and leverages Work Force Management (WFM) to maximize labour productivity
- Ensures staffing levels are adequate to effectively operate the business
- Manages Communications Binders and Store Boards to ensure awareness of all corporate and store events and ensures support of these initiatives
- Reviews Customer Service Index (CSI) reports with Management Teams and develops action plans to address any customer issues or complaints
- Adheres to established purchasing processes including all replenishment activities (eg. Regular replenishment seasonal and event purchasing)
- Proactively monitors and minimizes the liability of discontinued inventory utilizing weekly reports to ensure the timely return of products to vendors being aware of all vendor return policies
- Inventory control, ordering, receiving, price changes, damages and returns
- Conducts competitive price checks for both grocery and other KPI products as requested
- Implements new planograms and planogram adjustments, follows MMS standards
- Maintains physical security activities as identified in the Store Standards
Physical Store/ Facility Management
- Primary key holder and may be called to the store before, during or after business hours in the event of an emergency
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of all customers and employees on store premises
- Responsible for maintaining physical store image to corporate standards
- Responsible for upkeep and repairs with Janitor, Property Management and scheduling repairs
- Complies with Human Resources Standards
- Hires and/or supports hiring for all departments, excluding Pharmacy
- Maintains wage administration within SLPH guidelines
- Effective management of schedules, absenteeism, FT-PT staffing ratio to maintain PC Optimum standards in store
- Conducts probationary reviews for new hires and annual staff performance reviews
- Manages staff performance through ongoing coaching, action planning, and follow-up
- Provides staff orientation and specific position training utilizing SDMU, and in-store training programs where required
- Promotes Employee Engagement Survey; motivates staff to participate in survey
- Ensures Huddles are held twice a day and schedules Management Team meeting store meetings regularly
- Manages conflict and ensures effective and timely resolution
- Drives Blue Culture, engagement, and leads and motivates staff through leading by example and Core Values
- Analyzes financial reports, identifies trends and addresses discrepancies between planned and actual through effective utilization of the FSM Monitoring Report
- Meets period, quarterly and annual targets
- Sets individual goals for departments to motivate employees and ensures goals are met
- Develops and executes strategies to improve business efficiency at the store; follows up and monitors these strategies on an ongoing basis using established metrics and reporting (such as Micro-Strategy, Daily Metrics Tracker, FSM Monitoring report, MMS Reports)
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with food and safety guidelines
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed throughout the store
- Ensures the standards of housekeeping and image are maintained
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters pertaining to Shoppers Drug Mart Franchised business and its operation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supports all non-pharmacy parties within the store
- Provides direction under the guidance of Associate-Owner
Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Planning and preparation for Inventory Management
- Use judgment and decision making skills to control expenses
- Provides effective leadership and ongoing mentorship and ensures development of all staff
- Efficient time management skills
- Able to prioritize activities quickly in response to changing initiatives
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Previous retail management experience (including responsibility for purchasing, Loss Prevention, as well as • inventory control and human resources and people management) for a minimum of 5 years
- Demonstrated ability to drive the business, lead by example and support corporate programs
- Works effectively with management team
- Superior interpersonal, coaching and communication skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Strong relationship builder with key internal and external agencies
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You'll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.