As a leading manufacturer of corrugated and folding carton packaging, Master Packaging Inc. delivers solutions that give their clients a competitive advantage. Their team of experts use the world's latest technology and equipment to ensure complete customer satisfaction from creative design to the shipment of product.
Meridia has partnered with Master Packaging to recruit a self-motivated and energetic individual to join their team as the HR Manager in Borden-Carleton, PEI.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Manager utilizes a customer service focused approach to provide guidance and advice to staff on various Human Resources matters such as equity, diversity and inclusion, performance management, workforce planning, attendance and absence management, respect in the workplace, and talent management in order to help build organizational capability and enhance the success of the overall business. Furthermore, the HR Manager will work with Management to ensure the effective delivery & execution of programs and policies for a number of HR initiatives that are aligned to enable the overall business strategy. More importantly, you'll play a key role in developing, enhancing, and implementing HR programs and initiatives while being a strong champion of equity, diversity and inclusion.
By joining Master Packaging, you will be part of a proud local manufacturer with more than 25 years of constant growth. They are committed to investing in their people and providing opportunities through their many training and long-term development tools. They also provide top-of-the-line equipment and are constantly pushing to improve both safety and workflow productivity in their facilities. In this role, you'll lead day to day HR functions as well as enhance existing programs leaving behind your own legacy for years to come. In return for your skillset and expertise, you will be offered a competitive compensation and benefits package and an environment that promotes personal and professional development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess and anticipate business needs and analyze HR trends and metrics to develop appropriate HR strategies;
- Work closely with Master Packaging's leadership team to develop and maintain the workforce plan, as well as strategies and programs for effective recruitment;
- Provide guidance and support to employees regarding HR policies, procedures, and processes;
- Consult with leaders to provide guidance and day-to-day support (eg. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions);
- Ensure consistent interpretation, guidance, and application of HR policies and procedures;
- Design and implement retention strategies to increase loyalty and retention;
- Lead and ensure the utilization and effectiveness of performance management processes to grow talent and drive engagement.
As the ideal candidate, you are an experienced Human Resources professional with exposure to working in a manufacturing or production environment. You thrive on building strong relationships, whether it's on the floor or in the board room, and you're passionate about aligning resources and teams to achieve business goals. Being a self-starter with the drive to deliver exceptional results, you have a natural ability to prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple activities within a dynamic, fast-paced, matrix organization while remaining positive and focused. This is a great opportunity to be part of a proud local organization with access to knowledge, resources and countless opportunities.
Your qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business, or other related discipline with relevant experience will also be considered;
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources including strong Generalist experience with a focus on leadership level partnerships;
- CPHR designation or equivalent is an asset;
- Experience in the manufacturing world would be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated experience implementing and promoting best practices in HR & OHS, fostering a positive, respectful, and inclusive work environment;
- Strong knowledge of current employee rights, laws, and regulations relevant to the position and concerning legal requirements regarding employment and privacy;
- Ability to identify developmental needs of employees and to provide coaching, mentoring, and other assistance;
- Experience and sound knowledge of international recruitment and immigration process and best practices.
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking "Apply Now" below.
For more information contact Austin McLennan, Senior Consultant, at 902-424-1103 and [email protected] or Kyle Armstrong, Recruitment Specialist at 709-383-1328 and [email protected] or please apply online by clicking the "Apply Now" button below. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Austin or Kyle know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.