Reference # HL-16815
CFFI Ventures Inc is a diversified holding company investing internationally in a variety of industry segments including biofuels, financial services, and construction. The Company is looking for a Senior Accountant to be part of our finance team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Accounting and working with other members of the finance team, this position is responsible for the monthly financial reporting for the Company and certain of its subsidiaries, as well as participating in special projects as required. The candidate must have superior written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, strong critical thinking skills as well as a strong background in financial reporting. This position plays a key role in the finance team of CFFI Ventures Inc.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations, variance analysis and other reports for use by the Company's senior management, external investors, and lenders.
- Preparation and posting of journal entries in SAP ByDesign monthly including compiling supporting documentation for journal entries and provide support to accounting clerks for coding of non-routine invoices and bank transactions.
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements for use by the Company's senior management, external investors, and lenders.
- Assistance with preparing for year-end audit requirements for multiple companies. This would include any required research under ASPE and documentation of analysis.
- Preparation of the year end budget and supporting calculations.
- Collaboration with tax department to provide accounting information needed for tax compliance.
- Special projects within the Finance Function as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A qualified CPA or someone working towards a CPA designation.
- 2-3 years of experience in full cycle accounting or experience working in an accounting firm.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- A solid background in financial reporting and analysis including drafting financial statements and related note disclosures.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skillset.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with non-financial personnel.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Experience working with accounting software, especially SAP ByDesign, would be an asset.
CFFI is a dynamic and growing company whose employees play an integral role in its success. This position is an entry point into our finance team providing the successful applicant an opportunity for career growth into challenging financial accounting and financial reporting positions. If this intrigues you and you are interested in working at a company with a fun, dynamic, family-oriented culture, this could be the perfect role for you. Let's connect!
To express interest in this opportunity please apply online by clicking below:
For more information about this exciting opportunity please contact Heather Labucki, Partner, or Jason Ozon, Consultant, at [email protected] If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let Jason Ozon know.
Meridia Recruitment Solutions connects leading organizations with top talent by building strong relationships and creating ideal matches with candidates because we are only successful when you are. We appreciate your interest in this opportunity.
To learn more about Meridia Recruitment Solutions, our job opportunities, and career advice we invite you to explore our site and subscribe for career alerts.