Property Manager, Calgary, AB
Our company is actively seeking a skilled and dynamic Property Manager to join our team. The successful incumbent will oversee a group of multi-residential properties in the Calgary area as well as a number of local staff who are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the buildings. Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the Property Manager is a strong yet supportive leader with the capacity to manage competing priorities, the creativity to generate innovative ideas, and a desire to achieve objectives while providing a positive image for the company.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, new ideas, and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- A keen eye for detail and the creative and analytical skills to effectively problem solve.
- A strong sense of leadership and fair practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
Experience and Education:
- A university degree or college diploma program in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous property management experience, multi-residential experience preferred.
- Proven experience with financial reporting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of various building systems such as HVAC, boiler, mechanical and electrical.
- Solid computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, YARDI experience considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act and working knowledge of government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and support staff to ensure properties are managed and maintained to the company standard.
- Complete and operate within annual property budgets, analyze monthly variances and prepare management reports.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach, mentor, and performance manage all staff associated with the portfolio.
- Work closely and cooperatively with staff, senior management, contractors, the public, etc. while providing elevated customer service.
- Complete regular building inspections to ensure compliance, provide feedback on deficiencies, and ensure these areas are resolved in a timely manner.
- Manage and resolve escalated tenant matters and inquiries.
- Complete additional special projects and related duties as assigned by senior management.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply now!