- Performance Based Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive Extended, Health & Dental Benefits
- RRSP Plan
- Monthly Transit Pass - 100% Reimbursement
- Employee Health & Wellness Incentive Program - $300.00 Annual Reimbursement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program - 10% off Southwest Properties Lease
- Resident Referral Program - Cash Incentives
- Service Awards
- Social Staff Events
- Home Computer Antivirus Incentive Program - $50.00 Annual Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Matching Program - $1000.00 Annually + 1 Day off to Volunteer
Working at Southwest
Named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and Most Admired Corporate Cultures in Canada, Southwest has developed, constructed, owned, and operated world-class properties for over 50 years. A leading developer of residential and commercial property and one of the largest privately held owner of multi-family residential buildings in the Halifax region, Southwest's brand of quality and community involvement has made a major impact on the Atlantic Canadian real estate market. Southwest believes in going beyond the necessary to create inspiring environments by providing the best places to live, shop, work, and play, creating lasting relationships with employees, customers, and partners. At Southwest, we are always seeking the best and brightest stars in their field. From front line staff to senior management, we choose to employ the best in the industry!
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to fill the position of Finishing Site Superintendent.
We are looking for a Finishing Site Superintendent who will provide site construction management, including coordinating and supervising interior construction activities and overseeing multiple site labourers to meet projectrequirements. The Finishing Site Superintendent will liaise with the construction team and Senior Management regularly, and plan and implement a look ahead schedule.
The Finishing Site Superintendent reports to the Senior Site Superintendent, with regular interface with the entire constructionteam.
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with a focus on quality that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Oversee multiple site labourers to meet project requirements, schedule, and budgets.
- Maintain construction schedule, identify and solve problems.
- Plan and implement look ahead schedule, manpower loading, and material quantities.
- Order materials and schedule field inspections as necessary throughout the project.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Complete daily field reports.
- Maintain Suite Completion Control Log.
- Liaise with project management team on RFI's and SI's.
- Complete Superintendent drawings to formulate RFI's to prevent site issues.
- Promote job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Obtain all inspections and ensure that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented.
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office, ensuring the highest quality.
- Assist in managing costs for general conditions and manage on-site field conditions.
- Ensure proper equipment and trades are available as required.
- Partake in project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team's ongoing progression.
- Assist in conducting project foreman weekly meetings.
- Liaise with the Site Superintendent, Project Manager, and Senior Management regularly, and advise of potential issues, work interfaces, and schedule difficulties.
- Proactively troubleshoot issues related to the project and seek assistance where necessary.
- Direct and manage the workloads of support staff to include training, mentoring, and follow-up.
- Manage Punch Out process complete with quality control.
- Manage and complete weekly Linear Tracking Schedule.
Hours of Work: Regular Hours of Work 7:00am - 4:30pm. After-hours work is a requirement on an as-needed basis.
Work Location: Cunard job site. Southwest Construction Management Job Sites as required.
Position Requirements: Criminal Records Check Completion.
General Workplace Conditions: Field setting. This position can encounter any variety of conditions related to construction including high heat and humidity to cold temperatures, high dirt and dust, and loud noises.
Physical/Mental Demands: Occasional high mental stress when completing projects to ensure they are on time and on budget. Tight deadlines. Can encounter loud noises and heavy lifting.
Equipment and Workplace Aids: The Finishing Site Superintendent utilizes Construction Software, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and regular office equipment daily.
Training & Experience
Minimum Experience Required: 5+ years in a similar role; a combination of training and/or experience will be considered. Experience working on large residential construction sites is required. Working knowledge of PM software, up-to-date and working knowledge of construction techniques and standards, as well as building codes and practices. Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction. Experienced in managing multiple projects.
Minimum Training Required: Engineering degree or Construction Technology Diploma, PMP designation is considered an asset. Southwest requires all construction personnel to pursue Gold Seal certification. WHMIS.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to perform assigned duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform with tact and professionalism in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Attention to detail with a high level of quality.
- Strong initiative with the ability to quickly and effectively troubleshoot minor and complex issues related to projects.
- Highly innovative.
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills with the ability to liaise with clients, suppliers, and contractors easily and effectively.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and documents.
- Value entrepreneurial spirit, with a strong focus on a collaborative team work ethic.
- Problem solving - analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based onobjectives, risks, complications, and costs.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical, and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
Work With Us
Commitment to DE&I
Southwest Properties is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team, who values your experiences, perspectives, and unique identity. We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to our Human Resources Team: Southwest Properties Limited, 1475 Lower Water Street, Suite 100 Halifax NS, B3J 3Z2. [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Southwest Properties. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are a team of individuals who get joy from bringing joy to others.