Posted 25 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 23000121
Civil Engineer Student - Summer 2023 - Construction and Equipment
The Construction and Equipment Division, a part of the J.D. Irving, Limited's group of companies, is a key player in the North American construction industry. Our core businesses are Irving Equipment, Gulf Operators, CFM, Irving Wallboard, and Kent Homes and the group provides heavy equipment and crane services, civil construction, modular home and commercial buildings, and machining, technical services, repair and overhaul to its customers.
We are now accepting applications to our BUILD YOUR CAREER development program. We are hiring students who are looking for challenge, have a passion for learning beyond the classroom, are highly energetic and motivated to BUILD YOUR CAREER.
What You'll Get:
An opportunity to start BUILDING your career within a dynamic division that will allow you to gain meaningful and business impacting work experience. You will be provided with hands-on projects where you will be able to apply your studies. In addition, you will gain exposure to top leaders within our Division and get exposure to other J.D. Irving, Limited companies to expand your professional NETWORK. Your work term will include a solid combination of practical experience and professional development opportunities that will prepare you to be a future LEADER within our Divisional talent pipeline.
We currently have an engaging opportunity for a CIVIL ENGINEERING STUDENT, working with Gulf Operators. This opportunity will have you in the field, working with our team of civil professionals on various projects. The ideal candidate will be looking to complete either a 4-Month or 8-month work term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee small projects or assist project teams with larger projects
- Plan and prepare project schedules, and track progress
- Planning and scheduling manpower and equipment requirements
- Preparing records and tracking extra work
- Preparing and tracking requests for information
- Track earned values, manage cost vs budget, and prepare project forecasts
- Estimating value engineering options
- Project Document Control
- Coordination and collaboration with subcontractors
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor Science Civil Engineering university program
- Interest in pursuing a career in Civil Engineering and Project Management
- Ability to multi-task and recognize changing priorities
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
All of our student roles will require full time enrollment in a related post-secondary program in good academic standing, excellent communication, analytic and organizational skills, and a great attitude with an eagerness to learn.
If you are a full time student looking to BUILD YOUR CAREER, please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited - Construction and Equipment Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later