Why this role?
We are seeking a highly attentive professional who is detail oriented and is a master of managing concurrent priorities. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, organized, and values a rewarding career contributing to the success of our Business Law team.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent benefits (some fully paid by firm, some cost-shared)
- RRSP matching program
- Health and Wellness focus, including a wellness allowance
- Flexible work-life integration
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As a Transaction Paralegal in our Corporate Services Team, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drafting of closing agendas and documents for tax reorganizations, amalgamations, settlement and wind up of family trusts, share sale or acquisitions, rollover of assets, continuances and dissolutions;
- Filing of documents with the Registry of Joint Stock Companies and other jurisdictions where necessary;
- Preparing final reports; and
- Updating corporate records.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Graduate of a Paralegal diploma program or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders;
- Proficient in thinking critically and solving problems;
- Proven ability to manage time and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline driven work environment;
- Ability to be self-motivated and autonomous;
- Excellent team player who contributes positively to the team culture;
- Adept at using new technology and a talent for learning new computer programs quickly;
- Knowledge of the following is considered an asset:
- Closing Folders
Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
We are a dynamic, fast-growing, full-service law firm located in downtown Dartmouth with spectacular views of the Halifax Harbour. We understand that the success and well-being of our clients and our colleagues is often rooted in our shared community, which is why we are deeply invested in giving back. We strengthen and support our commitment to community through various programs and initiatives including volunteer time programs, employee-driven initiatives, and monthly community giving to employee-selected charities.
We also understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in our team's ability to be successful and maintain a vibrant working environment. Through social activities, financial literacy programs, fitness classes, wellness subsidy program, and committee-driven initiatives, our colleagues thrive at BOYNECLARKE (and they have for over 50 years!).