CCS of Atlantic Canada, Inc. operating as SolveYourDebts.com is a registered non-profit organization providing credit counselling services to families and individuals. Our goal is to help individuals and families stay financially healthy through accredited credit counselling, budget mentoring and tailored financial education programs. We teach people the skills and habits they need to manage their money over the long term. That's what we mean when we say Debt Solutions that stick!
When you work at SolveYourDebts.com, it's more than just a job. We don't just provide financial solutions; we help to rebuild lives. If you're looking to truly make a difference and help people get back on track financially, then this may be the right place for you. SolveYourDebts.com currently has a full-time position available in our Dartmouth, N.S. office. Some evening work will be required. As a credit counsellor you will work one-on-one with consumers to promote sound money management practices, budgeting skills, and the responsible use of credit. In addition, you will also help foster mutually beneficial relationships with industry stakeholders ensuring we are continually able to serve our clients with industry leading standards.
Reporting to the Director of Counselling, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing their needs, summarizing financial position, and establishing priorities with each client through counselling interviews, developing a personalized budget, and teaching sound budgeting practices
- Helping clients understand the cause of their financial problems and addressing them in the most effective way possible
- Developing and maintaining community contacts; conducting workshops/presentations.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Post-secondary education, degree or certificate is an asset
- Background in Financial/Banking; or related work experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization, and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be a team player, but also possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven success working as part of a team
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Satisfactory criminal record and credit check
Work With Us
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- RRSP match
- Paid vacation
- On site parking
- Paid sick time
- Professional development opportunities
- Ability to work periodically from home
SolveYourDebts.com is an equal opportunity employer and would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
If you believe you are the right candidate for this career opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] no later than January 18th, 2023.
* SolveYourDebts.com has a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy