Office Location Toronto [200 King St. W.], ON
Req # 8371
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Accountant, Assurance your responsibilities will include:
• Planning, preparing and execution of financial statement audits, reviews and compilations
• Providing solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
• Planning fieldwork assignments including budget and resource needs
• Working closely with clients and providing exceptional client service
• Working with clients in target industry sectors under varying reporting frameworks
• Supervising, coaching and directing motivated professionals
• Building our reputation as the preferred business advisors in key sectors of our growing practice
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Accountant, Assurance? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Completed and passed the Common Final Exam (CFE) or a CPA designation, with a minimum of 2-3 years experience within public accounting
• Experience working with not-for-profit audit clients and owner managed clients within a public practice scope
• Demonstrated success in business development, advisory and team management
• A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of the client
• Build and deepen meaningful business relationships with colleagues, clients and in the marketplace, based on strong rapport, trust and respect
• Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth
• Demonstrated ability to meet the professional and competency expectations of the position
• Being an articulate, inspiring and versatile communicator
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.