Posted 4 days ago
Competition Number: 22008237
CAPTIAL BUYER - SUPPLY CHAIN
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI), you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse divisions. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in our employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
This position is located at Irving Pulp & Paper in Saint John, New Brunswick.
Who we are:
The JDI Supply Chain team is responsible for the procurement of goods and services across our varied business operations and is currently seeking candidates for the role of Capital Buyer.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and RRSP plans
- Flexible benefits
- Wellness support, including wellness allowance
- Paid vacation time
- Personal and professional development opportunities
What To Expect in a Typical Day:
As a JDI Capital Buyer, you will work as part of a cross functional team with Engineering, Operations and Maintenance to provide recommendations on contracts as well as ensure procurement supports the overall project schedule. Some of the things to expect on a day-to-day basis:
- Develop and implement contract strategies for major capital equipment and services
- Negotiate all commercial (and in some cases technical) aspects of purchases
- Provide purchase recommendations based on cost, quality, and delivery
- Negotiate/Lead discussions for any post contract disputes
- Opportunities to challenge yourself daily by making quick and creative decisions to meet requirements of the site in a fast-paced environment
- Build, maintain and manage relationships with key vendors
- Identify and capture cost savings opportunities
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong negotiation, communication, presentation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Self-Motivated and able to work under pressure
- Engages interest and participation from others and has a collaborative approach
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask while prioritizing workload
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Ability to build good rapport with customers and suppliers
- Post-Secondary Education
- Experience in procurement is considered an asset
We appreciate your interest in our company, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later