Office Location Kelowna, BC
Alternate Location Salmon Arm, BC
Req # 8411
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As a Senior Accountant [Audit] your responsibilities will include:
• Collaborating with colleagues to deliver exceptional service to clients under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
• Providing clients with recommendations and solutions on current business and financial conditions
• Planning, preparing and executing financial statement audits, reviews and compilations, including budget and resource requirements
• Preparing various types of tax returns and responding to CRA requests for information
• Contributing to the building of our reputation as the preferred business advisors in key sectors of our growing practice
• Supervising, coaching and providing timely feedback to junior engagement team members on diverse engagements
• Other duties as required
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Accountant [Audit]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• Completed post-secondary degree/diploma
• CPA (CPA, CA; CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA) accreditation (or near completion of)
• Minimum 2 years of public practice audit experience
• Strong technical expertise in audit, accounting and tax
• Experienced in tax return preparation
• Strong focus on exceptional client service and relationships
• Strong planning and time management skills
• Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills and attention to detail
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
• Ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team
• Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members considered an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office suite and Accounting software applications (CaseWare, TaxPrep, Sage, QuickBooks), with ability to quickly grasp new technology tools
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.