The Mariners Centre is a multi-purpose sport, recreation, and event facility in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. This is an exciting time for the Mariners Centre. In October 2022, the Mariners Centre confirmed funding for a historic $30M expansion plan that, when complete, will establish the centre as a vibrant regional hub - adding Aquatics, Fitness, and Multi-Purpose Spaces to the existing facility's two ice rinks and event hosting spaces. A community-wide fundraising campaign has been planned to help ensure the facility is fully equipped and meets our needs for generations to come.
The Project Manager will take a lead role in delivering the project on behalf of Steering Committee, the three Municipal Partners, the Mariners Center Board of Directors, and the Community. The project is in the Initiation phase, so the Project Manager will be involved with project start-up, consultant procurement, design development, and tendering, through to construction, commissioning and move-in. The Project Manager will report to the CEO, but take functional direction from Steering Committee.
- Professional Engineer, Architect, CET or PMP designation;
- Previous experience in all phases of project delivery over $10M;
- Previous experience in working with a multidiscipline team with multiple stakeholders;
- High level of computer proficiency;
- Exceptionally organized, with attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Able to lead and document project meetings with action items;
- Able to work with minimum supervision and make decisions within the Project Governance Structure;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under competing project pressures.
- Proven ability to work with Contractors, Sub-contractors, Suppliers, Consultants, Designers, Regulatory Bodies and Stakeholders
Asset Qualifications - previous experience in Project Management functions such as:
- Design development
- Review of tender documents for biddability and constructability
- Tendering and award of contracts
- Contract management
- Project financial management and control
- Use of PM software such as Procure
- Safety Management
- Change management
- Value Engineering
- Project Status reports and other project reporting
- On site inspections, QA/QC
- Contract closeout
- Move planning
Work With Us
The Project Manager is a full-time position with the Mariners Centre, with an intended 3-year duration. In addition to competitive compensation, the Mariners Centre provides paid time-off, comprehensive group insurance benefits and a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) % matching program.
Salary scale dependant on qualifications and experience.
A detailed job description is available by contacting the Mariners Centre CEO. Interested Candidates are invited to apply in writing before February 10th, 2023, to [email protected]