Posted 15 days ago
Competition Number: 22008118
Manager, Supply Chain
At J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI), you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse divisions. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in our employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Manager, Supply Chain with our team in Saint John, New Brunswick, supporting our Construction & Equipment Division (please click link for more information) and our Corporate Services Groups.
- Work effectively with the business leadership teams to strategically plan the procurement of goods and services
- Lead a team of buyers ensuring development and coaching
- Build relationships at the executive level internally and with suppliers to ensure improvement opportunities are addressed in a timely and effective manner
- Proactively identify cost reduction opportunities with vendors
- Develop and continuously improve the capability of the supply base
- Manage supplier costs to targets
- Continually assess supply chain risks and build appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency plans
- Drive improvement in the performance of the overall supply chain
- A minimum of 5 years of leadership experience
- University degree in Business or Engineering
- Strong financial and business acumen, with proven strategic sourcing abilities
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills
- Process improvement mindset
- SCMP designation
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
What We Offer
Working in a team-based environment we help you achieve your goals through challenging work, professional development, and career advancement opportunities. We are focused on continuous improvement and use great technology to support all aspects of JDI. We offer a wide range of health and wellness programs to our employees and their families, and we are proud supporters of our local communities. Our Head Office location hosts a parking garage, fitness facility, and café.
We appreciate your interest in our company however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later