Posted 29 days ago This job may expire soon!
Competition Number: 22008073
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGISTS
We Are Fleetway!
We believe Canada's maritime fleets need to be reliable and fit for purpose, with crews that are fully trained and supported. We work as a trusted technical partner during design, construction, in-service, and end of life. We are proud to deliver quality professional technical services including Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Technical Editing, Configuration Management, Project Management, Training, Technical Translation, and Marine Technical Services.
Over the past 35 years, we have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers. Everything we do is aimed at developing our people and improving our use of innovation to be the leading professional services provider in the marine industry.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 certification.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of and make a difference with, then we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for Electrical Engineering Technologists with all levels of experience to join any of our office locations in Dartmouth NS, St. John's NL, Ottawa ON, or Victoria BC.
As an Electrical Engineering Technologist, you will play a critical role in the Fleetway Engineering team that develops 3D models, drawings and technical studies, as well as ensures the completion of engineering change proposals and systems integration projects for government and commercial vessels. You will work in a cross-functional team with members located across the country, providing mentorship and training and development opportunities to junior team members. As an Electrical Engineering Technologist you are respected in the industry as shown by your proven hands-on experience in marine engineering environments and your ability to provide solutions to client engineering design challenges.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of employment equity and strives to provide an environment where all employees feel supported, valued, and free from discrimination and harassment. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities. We encourage applications from qualified African Canadians and other Racially Visible Persons, Women (applying for non-traditional positions), Persons with Disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ2S community.
Qualifications & Skills
- Education: Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Hands-on experience in 2D drafting, 3D modeling and engineering design/integration projects preferably in the marine industry
- Experience with MicroStation is considered an asset as it is our primary engineering software, however, if you are well versed in AutoCAD or other modelling software, we would like to hear from you
- You will be working in MS Office Suite regularly, intermediate to advanced experience is considered a strong asset
- You will be working in a collaborative, team environment with team members located across the country. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with Naval Warships and/or within the shipbuilding industry is considered an asset
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- As an Electrical Engineering Technologist, you will produce 3D models of various equipment, foundations, piping systems (valves, fittings, hangers) and structures (decks, bulkheads as part of your work with client vessels).
- Your outcomes working on 2D drawings include engineering drawings (parts, assemblies, installations) and arrangement drawings (general arrangement, firefighting keyplans, piping diagrammatics, power system diagrams, etc).
- As an Electrical Engineering Technologist, you will play an active role in applying your technical knowledge to research existing vessel documentation, review approved engineering changes to determine system impact and vessel surveys and to confirm accuracy of legacy documentation.
- Your work with Engineering Changes (EC's) will range in specificity based on requirements of our defence clients. General outcomes include/involve modifications to ships, systems and equipment configurations and/or changes to any configuration information.
- Additional outcomes with Engineering Changes include the management of engineering changes as a result of the introduction of new capability or the sustainment of existing capability. As an Electrical Engineering Technologist, you support our clients through the inception of the change all the way through to installation and acceptance of the change on board the vessel.
- Your work will engage you in conducting market research, developing option analysis reports, determining system requirements, performing calculations, developing impact assessment reports and writing specifications as you deliver client solutions.
What We Offer
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary based on applicable experience with demonstrated knowledge, skill and abilities along with a comprehensive package including:
- We are regularly adding new departments, positions, and functions within Fleetway, as well as the broader J.D. Irving group of companies. There is a lot of growth and development opportunities for future career advancement
- We have training budgets to provide direct support to training and development plans, including professional certifications, memberships, or designations
- We have Mental Health first aid trained staff in all offices, and an ongoing subscription to Not Myself Today mental health support in the workplace program
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Ability to save for your future with our generous RRSP program
- Flexible work hours (core hours)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan, with enhances focus on mental health and wellness
- Annual health & wellness reimbursements
- Business casual work environment, with casual Friday's
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. A current resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Fleetway.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Save for Later