Office Location Thunder Bay, ON
Alternate Location North Bay, ON
Req # 8165
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A significant opportunity awaits an exceptional tax professional for our office in Winnipeg. Working side by side a strong team of industry leading tax professionals, you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide variety of interesting tax matters, advising a varied range of privately held business clients. You will become part of a tax team that collaborates across multiple industries and all tax specialties. This position will also provide you with the opportunity to become involved in formal executive development and coaching opportunities and play a leadership role in coaching and leading the professional development of other tax professionals.
Our local tax team at Grant Thornton in Winnipeg offers continual professional development as well as long-term growth opportunities to evolve your career in tax. If you are an entrepreneurial individual, who enjoys both collaborating internally and making exciting connections in the market with individuals and privately held businesses, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
As a Senior Manager, Domestic Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Providing a wide range of domestic tax services which may include complex corporate reorganizations, merger and acquisition planning, estate and succession planning, and general tax advice to dynamic and growing privately held businesses
• Managing and reviewing corporate tax planning and compliance engagements
• Improving on the financial operation of the practice by developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients from a variety of disciplines
• Playing a leadership role in the business unit, service line, community and firm by actively contributing to the development and execution of the office business plan
• Sharing knowledge for the development and implementation of strategy to build the business
• Contributing to new business development by understanding Grant Thornton and its service lines, as well as utilizing your credibility in the field
• Participating in the coaching and performance management process of the practice by conducting timely performance reviews, providing ongoing feedback and training to develop junior team members
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Domestic Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• CA, CGA or CMA Designation, with a minimum of 5 years experience after qualifying
• Completion of the CICA In-depth I and II tax program, or a Masters in Tax
• Experience in corporate and personal tax planning and compliance.
• Ability to influence others and garner the respect of both staff and partners within the service line
• Demonstrated experience in practice development, business development and management
• A team player able to rally resources and work with others to meet the needs of the client
• Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
• Strong interest in coaching and development, with a commitment to personal growth
• Demonstrated ability to meet the professional and competency expectations of the position
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.