Office Location Toronto [200 King St. W.], ON
Alternate Location Calgary, AB, Vancouver, BC, Markham, ON, Mississauga, ON
Req # 6603
Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone's friendly and helps each other out? That's like Grant Thornton. Except here we're all professionals and there isn't a mayor or a general store. What we're trying to say is that we're a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That's what's most important to us. We're building a thriving organization that's purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Due to the continued growth of our International Tax practice, we have an exciting career opportunity for an experienced and dynamic Consultant, International Tax in Toronto. This position offers the opportunity to assume a leadership role in our expanding International Tax Compliance practice. Your comprehensive knowledge of Canadian corporate income tax with strong working knowledge of Canadian international tax rules will provide continued support in the compliance process.
As a Consultant, International Tax your responsibilities will include:
• Oversight and expansion of the International Tax compliance practice
• Preparing and reviewing foreign affiliate surplus computations, FAPI calculations and T1134 information returns for multinationals with significant foreign subsidiary investments
• Training staff nationally to prepare and review surplus and FAPI calculations and T1134 returns
• Managing large FAPI and surplus computation projects
• Identifying and supporting business development opportunities and practice development initiatives
Be Grant Thornton
If you're a bit like us, you're driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts "we before me", where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you'll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that's when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues' stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you've got what it takes to be a Consultant, International Tax? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we're also hoping you can tick:
• 3-5 years of experience working in Canadian Corporate Tax, with a minimum 2 years of International Tax Planning & Compliance experience with a professional services firm or multinational corporation with significant foreign affiliates
• Bachelors Degree
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or Member of the Bar
• Completion of In-Depth Tax course or a Master's Degree in Taxation
• Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian corporate income tax with strong working knowledge of Canadian international tax rules
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Process oriented
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent research and communication skills
• Experience in providing compliance and consulting services to clients with international and cross-border operations/investments
• A desire to work with a diverse mix of growing, dynamic clients
• A strong commitment to client service and attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and strong inter-personal skills
• Ability to execute on deliverables in a deadline driven environment
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and complex environment
• Results oriented with a sense of urgency. Quick learner, self-starter and exudes a "can-do" attitude
• Good understanding of team dynamics and cohesion; strong team player and collaborator
At Grant Thornton we're focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That's our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP is committed to employment equity, human rights and respectful workplace principles throughout the life cycle of employment, including at the recruitment and hiring stages. We welcome applications from members of all equity deserving groups, including persons with disabilities, women, racialized and/or Indigenous applicants. Should you require accommodation in relation to the recruitment process, please notify us by emailing [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.