Frontier Technologies is growing our Structured Communications department in Atlantic Canada. We are excited about the opportunity and where it will take us, and we're looking for a Business Development Representative to join our Sales team on this journey!
Are you a creative, resourceful, forward-thinking professional with a hunter mentality and an extensive reach within the Life Systems (Security, Access Control, Fire Alarm systems) industry? Do you have proven abilities to understand connections and consistently solidify and close relationship deals? If this speaks to you, this may be role for you!
We are currently seeking a Business Development Representative to join our Structured Communications team in Dartmouth, NS. As a member of our Frontier Technologies team, you will be focused on growing your relationships and revenue within Atlantic Canada, have a strong background in business to business solutions-based sales, as well as thrive on the opportunity to expand a business in an active and exciting sector and market.
As a Business Development Representative, you will:
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential clients to establish rapport, arrange meetings and establish productive business relationships.
- Meet or exceed pre-defined sales targets;
- Develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of product offerings, qualify and prioritize opportunities, maintain appropriate correspondence records;
- Work closely with Structured Communications Team to provide customers with 'solution-based' offerings;
- Leverage new and existing contacts to increase company sales;
- Develop positive ongoing relationships with customers; and
- Work with technical/estimating team to prepare client proposals.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in solutions-based sales
- Direct Industry experience (Fire Alarms, Security and Access Control, monitoring systems, etc) is required
- Demonstrated business to business experience in sales and relationship building within Atlantic Canada
- Exhibited ability to close proposals and amended agreements
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Team player with a 'get it done' attitude
- Ability to travel
- Valid Provincial Driver's License with satisfactory driver's abstract.
In return, what you can expect:
- Excellent compensation package (base salary + competitive commission structure)
- Comprehensive benefits (GRRSP, medical, dental, and vision care)
- Cohesive and supportive team environment
- A company that focuses on culture, team member's needs and resources
We thank you for your interest in Kerr Group of Companies. Only Candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. All qualified applicants will be considered, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Kerr Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer