Inspired by Challenge. Opportunity with Reward. Committed to Community.
PAL covers all three. Headquartered in St. John's, NL, our company spans across the globe with operations in Canada, Curacao, Trinidad & Tobago and the United Arab Emirates.
If you were to measure the cool factor of working at PAL, you might be surprised - as one of the best kept secrets in the local market, we work with teams who are building one-of-a-kind aircraft, technology and engineering design to support clients from one corner of the world to the other.
We are looking for a Recruitment Coordinator to join our team in Halifax, NS or St. John's, NL.
So, what would you do as a PAL Recruitment Coordinator?
This PAL is responsible for assisting in the recruitment lifecycle - from creative writing, advertising plans, screening, pre-hire and everything in between. This PAL plays a critical role in ensuring we're attracting and hiring the best possible talent, using networking, marketing and innovative recruitment ideas to achieve that goal. Some of the day-to-day activities to make this happen include:
- Work closely with the Human Resources Team to develop unique and customized recruitment strategies;
- Work as a consultant to Hiring Managers - ask the detailed questions, get to the bottom of what makes the ideal candidate, and create a plan of attack to find them;
- Use your creative brain to write recruitment documents including internal and external ads, posting them in various mediums;
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team to ensure job ads are posted to social media channels;
- Attend networking events, with an enthusiasm to meet new people and share the PAL story;
- Think big picture with regards to recruitment and talent acquisition - identify solutions that are not always the obvious answer, consider future opportunities and use curiosity as the key tool to discovering the underlying information;
- Complete onboarding, including preparing new-hire packages and conducting orientation with new employees;
- Other cool things - there's really just not enough room to describe it all, but you get the picture.
Ok, so now you know what a PAL Recruitment Coordinator does. But, what makes you the ideal person for our team?
- A creative mindset - recruitment is a subset of marketing - selling an opportunity and the company to a target market - as the ideal person, you keep up on market trends, marketing tools and innovative ways to find the diamond in the rough;
- 1-3 years previous experience in recruitment- tell us your story;
- With big picture thinking, also comes a strong background in the important stuff - a post-secondary degree or Diploma in Business Administration, with a focus in Human Resources is ideal;
- Tight timelines and moving targets? That's minor stuff. You thrive in that environment;
- Natural curiosity - you ask questions. And then more questions. You're always thinking ahead and discovering the information you need - it's kind of like being a PI in HR, but in a professional, jovial way;
- You live in all colours when it comes to recruitment- you know that there are times when things are black and white, and there are times you need to consider the grey area. You also recognize that sometimes you are even looking for a pink unicorn. A people person - you can communicate and get to know someone regardless of differences in geography, culture, or technical background. Whether you're on a phone call, a video conference or meeting someone in person, you create an easy going atmosphere;
- You've taken the time to read this entire ad, which means you're detail oriented and intrigued - or, you've simply been entertained by our wit. That's also a win in our books.
Think you have what it takes to bring our PAL recruitment to the next level? Let's chat further.
What we offer:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Opportunities for growth
PAL is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.