Position: Team Lead Security Guard
Site: Travel Required - Various - Toronto, Downtown, Etobicoke, Mississauga
City: Toronto, Downtown, Mississauga, Etobicoke.
Hours: Continental - 8 - 12 hour shifts - Days and Nights - Times will vary
Pay Rate: $19.00/hr
Mandatory 4 days virtual and in-class training at our Etobicoke office
This is a non-union position*
Job Description: Working assigned shifts, you will be responsible for completing investigations and incident reports. You will be expected to perform constant patrols and interact with tenants and members of the public to provide direction and promote good customer service while providing a security presence. Respond to all emergencies and take the lead role in all incidents involving violent individuals. You will be required to conduct arrests, enforce mall rules, and remove undesirables from the property.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 6-8 months working in a full-time capacity (84 hours bi-weekly)
- Lead a team of 1-6 Guards or more depending on site location or management request
- Report to CSM / Supervisors / Client as directed
- Act as the primary point of contact in emergency situations or as directed by CSM or management
- Work alongside emergency and law enforcement personnel
- De-Escalate emergency/ crisis situations according to post orders or SOP/ Management direction
- Demonstrate an extremely high level of professionalism at all time
- Travel/ commuting to various site locations and working changing shift times will be required as needed.
- Must be willing and able to commute and travel to multiple site locations around the Downtown Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga area
- Response Security - support security team to fill open positions/shifts
- Support daily security operations
- Must be willing and able to commute and travel to multiple site locations
- Maintain compliance with and enforce property standards, rules, and regulations in a reasonable manner
- Able to use tact and diplomacy in dealings across a range of settings and situations
- Respond to medical emergencies and provide first aid, CPR, or AED support until medical professionals arrive
- Ability to maintain and enforce access control procedures
- Solid understanding of emergency and standard operating procedures
- Deal with trespassers and unauthorized persons found on the property, in a fair and safe manner, by enforcing the Trespass to Property Act
- Assist with Fire & Life Safety inspections
- Maintain a detailed memo book and prepare incident reports on all matters dealt with using CF's standard report-writing program
- Conduct periodic patrols of the property either by foot or by vehicle.
- Investigate incidents and occurrences
- Draft detailed incident and occurrence reports
- Maintain the peace, safety, and security of all patrons, and clients on the property
- Monitor CCTV surveillance systems
- Assist emergency and law enforcement personnel
- Access control, line management, customer service
- Assist with daily operations as needed/required or directed.
- Other duties as outlined by management
- Must be willing and able to Sit, stand, walk, and patrol by foot and vehicle for extended periods (8-12 hours)
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
- Must have at least 2 years of mall security or relevant experience
- G class driver's license with a clear drivers abstract consider an asset*
- Must be willing and able to provide / submit a recent and valid vulnerable sector check, criminal background check, and driver's abstract as required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong command and fluency in the English language both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment both indoors and outdoors as required.
- Must be able to handle stress and pressure and make a sound decision under duress
- Must be conformable working in a busy highly populated area
- Must have a clean driver abstract
- Must demonstrate high attention to detail / observational awareness
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence and the ability to work productively and efficiently in a team
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
- Must have a valid First Aid & CRP Level C
- Basic Security Training
- Must have a Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 - 2 doses min
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.