Posted 13 days ago
Competition Number: 22007765
Corporate Business Co-Op Student - Winter Term
Proudly headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, the J.D. Irving, Limited Moncton-based companies have plants, terminals, operations and sales office throughout Canada and in the United States. We are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests. Our companies operate in Canada and the United States. We're proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back 140 years.
This is a 4-month work term from January 2023 to May 2023
The Corporate Business Co-op Student will work with Corporate Procurement on a dedicated team supporting the Irving Group of Companies with head offices located in Dieppe, NB and will be responsible for assisting and/or performing the execution of compliance, system audits, assisting in various tasks and special projects.
- Education Required: Enrolled in Post-Secondary Education in a Bachelor of Business/Commerce
- Years of Experience Required:
- Have great attention to detail.
- Positive can-do attitude with an interest in procurement, legal, finance, and/or accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably communicate to other team members as well as staff within the JD Irving businesses.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, legal and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications (Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Ability to work alone or as a supporting member of a team.
- Able to execute tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- File Management: Upload previously executed agreements and expired agreements. Scan and upload executed/counter signed agreements, file and clean up files and apply naming conventions.
- Package contracts for execution.
- Prepare comparison / compare version history.
- Assist with audit requests and various contract searches.
- Assist with compliance document review.
- Add suppliers to system and update vendor information.
- Perform or assist with adhoc special projects.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Save for Later