ABO Wind is a globally successful renewable energy developer that was founded in 1996 and is head-quartered in Wiesbaden, Germany. Out of its office locations in 16 countries worldwide, ABO Wind has developed over 5 GW of wind, solar, battery, biogas, and green hydrogen projects. In addition to development and construction, ABO Wind has long-term operations and maintenance agreements with over 2.5 GW of renewable energy projects. ABO Wind Canada was founded in 2017, with offices in Calgary and Halifax and registration in British Columbia, Newfoundland and Labrador.
ABO Wind Canada is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator for our Atlantic Canada office based in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The right individual will be a key contributor to our growing team and project initiatives, collaborating with the public, government, and Indigenous Peoples in the regions where we do business.
ABO Wind Canada values Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in all that we do, think, and pursue. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected - a workplace where every employee feels invited and safe to be and express themselves so they can reach their full potential and help ABO to achieve its business goals.
· Support ABO Wind Canada's development team with internal and external communication
· Support strategic partnerships and collaborations to further company goals and initiatives; includes relationships with public, private, nonprofit, and community stakeholders.
· Assist in the planning, development, coordination, and production of public information products including brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, news releases, websites, and other informational/educational promotional materials.
· Support social media strategy, including the creation and delivery of informative and relevant content
· Record, research and prepare communication and consultation logs
· Monitor activities of various stakeholders and provide creative communication solutions
· Support planning and coordination of outreach/education events, public forums, and community activities
· Work in close cooperation with German headquarters, project team and development partners on public relations
Report to ABO Wind Canada's Public Affairs Lead in Atlantic Canada
· Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, and/or equivalent experience
· 2 years or more of communication, engagement, and/or community-led-experience
· Knowledge of Indigenous communities and history in Atlantic Canada
· Social media savvy with knowledge and application of key social media platforms
· Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for renewable energies
· Experience in power sectors and/or renewable energy development would be an advantage
· Able to travel nationally and internationally
· Strong knowledge of provincial, territorial and Canadian legislation regarding renewable energy development, is preferable
· Proven ability to perform interdisciplinary work
Work With Us
· Interdisciplinary teamwork in a successful and dynamic company
· Challenging, flexible and fast-paced working environment
· Friendly, fair, and open working atmosphere
· Health Care Benefits
· Training and opportunity for advancement
· Competitive compensation