Help us #PowerTheChange!
Our Digitalization team is growing, and we're seeking forward thinking teammates to help pioneer the digital transformation of the Energy Industry (right here at home!). We encourage all applicants with diverse skills and aptitudes from industry and beyond - don't limit yourself!
The roles will influence change by exploring emerging, cutting-edge technologies, digitalization platforms, and/or robotics programs in an industrial/energy resource setting. Collaboration is key in evaluating applicability, readiness, and then implementation of these technologies. Individuals will need to share their knowledge by directly training stakeholders and upskilling our current workforce to adopt new methods of working, and new tools to enhance operations.
- Assist with the prioritization and evaluation of digital solutions ensuring compliance and alignment with project plans and roadmaps, internal governance procedures, and client specific requirements
- Gain experience with current offerings, hardware and software, to enhance and promote current digitalization initiatives
- Engage with Clients and customers to understand and interpret their needs, proposing and developing alternative solutions identifying value-producing opportunities in their best interests
- Steward the digital transformation and implementation of digital strategies within multidiscipline teams
- Plan and manage third party engagement when relevant to scope
- Maintain and monitor the progress of digital solutions/strategies, adjusting schedules, budgets, and expenditures as required
- Identify issues that may prevent successful completion of projects, collaborate internally/externally to establish mitigative measures using alternative solutions
- Assist with the pursuit of research and development funding streams and prepare cost benefit analysis, estimates, and proposals
- Collaborate internally to support the overall delivery of services for project execution, including client and Aker Solutions global digitalization representatives
- Bachelor's Degree or diploma in Engineering or Engineering Technology, with a minimum of 5 years' experience in an engineering, process, or construction environment. Equivalent experience in a digital technology role would be considered
- Experience in industrial applications of digitalization platforms, drone / robotics experience for use case development and operational efficiency, data contextualization, application development and maintenance would be considered an asset
- Innovative thinker who understands digital solutions/applications and the benefits to industry and the workforce
- Ability to analyze Issues and solve problems - Gather the most important information; analyze and incorporate, and apply new information and concepts; recognize symptoms that indicate problems; make sound and timely decisions
- Ability to plan and organize - Set clearly defined objectives; manage time effectively; plan activities and projects in advance with the agility to pivot under changing circumstances
- Understanding of cloud-based applications, with drive and ambition to continuous learning
Work With Us
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Be a part of the transition to a sustainable future for energy production
- Electrification and digitalization of next generation
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Challenging and meaningful work
Interested? Contact us.
We will be actively screening and interviewing candidates for this role prior to the final application date. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application at your earliest.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically, and Canadians generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.
Diversity and Inclusion
Aker Solutions is empowered by its diverse workforce. We ensure a good working environment where equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are considered vital to our success. We believe diversity creates value, attracts talent, and makes life more interesting. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from diverse backgrounds related to race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity, disability, age, and more.