BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Halifax office is looking for a Front Line Administrator to join our Personal Debt Solutions practice and own the following responsibilities:
- Assist debtors in financial difficulty, both in person and by telephone, as it relates to bankruptcies and proposals
- Review interview forms, prepare files, documents and estates for input to Ascend insolvency software
- Perform initial consultations in order to assess debtor's situation and recommend appropriate options, training will be provided
- Aid in business building through social media, community presentations & building referral networks
- Community outreach, business development and presentations
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client's industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to prioritize with the flexibility to manage multiples tasks and a variable workload as required
- Proficient in MS Word (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 2 -3 years of previous accounting, banking or legal experience an asset
- Willing to enroll in the BIA Administrator Course
- Must be able to liaise well with staff and outside parties
Work With Us
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2022. This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
- We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
- We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
- We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market-leading personal time off policy. We're committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed without barriers. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion, Equity and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, equity, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Hybrid new normal: As a hybrid workplace, all BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and remotely unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place. To protect the health and safety of our people, clients, and communities, we may require all partners and employees to be COVID-19 fully vaccinated in order to enter a BDO office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine due to medical reasons or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Apply through Career Beacon, or e-mail [email protected] directly with your resume.