Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) division and the Department of Health and Wellness. EMC also operates TeleHealth 811 Mental Health and Addictions for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians every day. We achieve this through more than 1,400 employees, including highly-trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers, and support staff.
As an employee of EMC, we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety-related initiatives and acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a healthy, safe and respectful workplace.
This is an exciting new position on our Human Resources team, reporting to the Director of HR! As the Manager of Recruitment & Retention, you are an experienced leader of people with a strong track record in strategic recruiting and retention practices. You quickly develop meaninfgul relationships, are passionate about people and culture, and keenly understand the importance recruitment and retention plays in achieving organizational objectives.
Your goal will be to collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders to execute on a talent acquisition strategy that produces strong talent pipelines needed for current and future business growth. You will work closely with your Madavie/ EMC colleagues to create the employee value proposition for frontline healthcare professionals and develop strategies to ensure continued employee satisfaction and engagement.
You excel at problem solving and will offer a new perspective that brings value to your team. Together, you will have the opportunity to significantly impact our health care service operations across Nova Scotia by creating plans to attract, hire, and retain a talented workforce who want to join our organization.
- Provide leadership, coaching and performance feedback to the recruitment and retention team
- Oversee the full cycle recruitment process for all healthcare services positions, such as paramedics, nurses, transport operators, communication officers, Telehealth as well as support and management roles
- Collaborate with HR Leaders across Medavie/EMC to proactively identify, plan and develop workforce plans for long term organizational staffing requirements
- Partner with human resources leadership team to ensure efficient, effective, and seamless HR processes are in place to support the business
- Lead the HR Analytics portfolio for KPI's and ad-hoc reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize data analytics to forecast, analyze trends, and use information to execute future on recruitment and retention initiatives
- In conjunction with the Medavie strategy, support the development and execution of sourcing strategies and talent pipelines utilizing multiple sourcing channels to exposure and attract the best talent
- Participate in the creation of the employee value proposition for frontline healthcare talent and play an integral role in ensuring the inclusion and diversification of all talent pipelines
- Develop processes and key metrics necessary to monitor progress against the strategy and forecasted requirements
- Assess competitors, changes to legislation, and understand the impact on business and recruitment efforts
- Stay informed and share trends on innovative recruiting techniques and practices
- Oversee the continued deployment and evolution of new employee onboarding for all areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources/ Business with CPHR or Recruiter designation preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in recruitment and brand management; (experience in health care preferred with unionized recruitment)
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience leading a team required
- Demonstrated experience in a metrics driven environment required
- Tech savvy with full command of digital sourcing tools and social media sites
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven experience with business process design and automation
- PMP Certification and/or related program management experience an asset
- Experience in Workday human capital management system an asset
Work With Us
EMC falls under the Nova Scotia provincial protocol for mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination. In accordance with this mandate, subject to any approved accommodation, all new employees hired or existing employees (applying for new positions) will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For clarity, "fully vaccinated" means 14 days or more after receiving the number of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or local public health agencies in the jurisdiction in which they will be employed.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce representing the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, and persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This position is also posted on the Medavie Blue Cross Careers Page. If you have already applied for this position on their website, we have your application on file and you are not required to apply a second time through this link. This posting will remain active until the role is filled.