Manager - Corporate Responsibility and Communications Permanent Position
Competition No. C117522 MRCR (E)
As a member of the Corporate Responsibility and Communications team, reporting to the Vice-President of Marketing, Merchandising, Corporate Responsibility and Communications, key responsibilities of the incumbent include:
- Develops and manages Social Responsibility, Community and Sustainability elements of the Corporate Responsibility strategy;
- Develops objectives, policies, practices and initiatives to promote CR and community engagement;
- Develops and maintains successful internal and external relationships and program partnerships. This includes working with internal departments, government departments, agencies, charities, licensees, customers, community groups, contractors, and/or service providers;
- Develops, curates, and executes an ongoing calendar of content, communication and related events to foster employee engagement in corporate responsibilities;
- Manages NLC's donations program, including end-to-end donation application and review process and database administration;
- Researches and identifies leading practices to promote delivery of a progressive CR programs and practices;
- Participates in departmental, provincial, national and /or international working groups to support cross-regional collaboration;
- Develops press releases and distributes information to media contacts;
- Gathers and consolidates information for reports and presentations to the Executive, Board and other stakeholders to highlight progress and impact of the CR strategy;
- Establishes performance expectations and conducts evaluation of programs and initiatives;
- Proactively networks and maintains strategic relationships and program partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations;
- Adopts best practices into their areas of responsibility while monitoring and sharing with Executive best practices within their respective Corporate Responsibility responsibilities;
- Plans and attends functions and special events;
- Represents NLC in media appearances and/or prepares senior leaders to represent NLC in media;
- Collaborates with executive team, departmental directors and external stakeholders to oversee the development and design of NLC's Annual Report and NLC's three-year business plans.
For consideration as a potential candidate, the individual should possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree in Commerce or Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or related field;
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in corporate responsibility, communications and/or corporate social impact programs;
- Demonstrated ability in program delivery and an ability to translate strategy into action;
- Understanding of measurement metrics and evaluating effectiveness of CR programs;
- Ability to foster strong business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams;
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and make sound decisions and recommendations in order to advance corporate responsibility programs, identify trends and recommend opportunities for improvement;
- Comfortable using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant software;
- Experience developing strategy and related initiatives;
- Proven competence establishing and managing departmental budgets;
- Combination of education and experience which demonstrates competence for this role will also be considered.
NLC values diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and strives to create a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented groups such as: Indigenous persons, racially visible persons, persons with a disability, women, and persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity. If you are a member of an under-represented group and feel comfortable doing so, we invite you to self-identify on your cover letter or resume.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities (differing abilities) are available on request.
Salary: HL 21 $68,450 - $88,984 (Subject to Classification Review)
Closing Date: Friday, December 2, 2022
Please send a resume no later than December 2, 2022 via [email protected]
Please state Competition Number on resume. Proof of education must be provided prior to employment with NLC. Please note, while we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.