COMPETITION #: 2022-65001 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating; TEMP: December 5, 2022 to August 31; 2023; Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $35.34 to $44.77 per hour (Subject to employment status)
Participate in the planning and giving of total nursing care to meet the individual needs of patients in the Emergency Department in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital and the Nursing Department.
- Current registration as a practicing member of the Nurses' Association of New Brunswick.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Horizon Health Network Miramichi Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support Course and recertified yearly as a condition of continuing employment.
- Patient safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Certified in IV and CVAD Therapy in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts as assigned, including weekends and holidays throughout the year.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, public, co-workers, medical staff and outside agencies.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude toward work, environment and unit functioning.
- Knowledgeable and adheres to the appropriate method of addressing departmental issues.
- Demonstrated critical thinking behaviours, i.e.: organizational skills, setting priorities, problem solving, identifying appropriate interventions.
- Must complete required certification for medical delegated functions specific to ER within 6 months, i.e.: central lines, etc.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
UNIT SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Emergency or critical care experience equivalent to 2 years OR recent successful completion of NBCCNP
- Current ACLS Certification or willing to acquire certification at earliest opportunity, not to exceed 6 months.
- Coronary Care Course with rhythm interpretation or successful completion of challenge exam.
- Trauma Nurse Care Course or willing to complete within (1) one year of appointment.
- ENCP Certification an asset
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Course or obtain same within one (1) year.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 30 , 2022
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2022-65001 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.